2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

One of my pet peeves with the now-old Sharks sweater was two-layer nameplates with three-layer numbers. You can do one over three or three over three, but two over three just looks weird.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta be shoulder numbers. Too big to be front numbers. Look at the front numbers on the current jersey in comparison. You can tell how big the numbers are by comparing them to the holes in the jersey.

8fb272545593e9c67dd28bae053edaf3.png

You can also see the corner stitching in the one with the orange outlines in the top left corner.

Gotta be shoulder numbers. Too big to be front numbers. Look at the front numbers on the current jersey in comparison. You can tell how big the numbers are by comparing them to the holes in the jersey.

8fb272545593e9c67dd28bae053edaf3.png

You can also see the corner stitching in the one with the orange outlines in the top left corner.
Thanks for clearing that up. And the teal on the new jersey does look more teal.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is that silver (or gray) stitching on the Sharks' numbers and names between the black and white, or is it white? Looks different from the white to be white also. Tough to tell.

It's just white.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On my phone, and can only post the pic trough twitter. My guess for the home teal: BSEu_oTCcAEHuW_.jpg

And thinking they're paying homage to their original jerseys, a guess on the white:

BSE4sM3CUAA4Goc.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

You guys really need to stop getting my hopes up about the fin becoming the shoulder patch.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The orange can stay in the logo but it has got to be removed from the stripes. I can't and won't get over how much that sucks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sharks-Home_zps5cdb021e.png

That's the original black 3rd that they have, right? I have a soft spot for that one, except that they don't have any hemstripes.

As much as I like the orange, they should just drop it entirely if it's going to be as half-assed as it is now.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Angled stripes. So '90s.

This is exactly why this board has fallen from a great site to an okay site. Replys like this. I'm sorry, but if you're going to critique something, bring some insight. There's nothing wrong with angled stripes and they aren't so '90's, if done well, they look good. That would be like replying to a team that wears pinstripes in baseball "That's so 1912" (the year the Yankees first wore pinstripes).

Angled stripes. So '90s.

This is exactly why this board has fallen from a great site to an okay site. Replys like this. I'm sorry, but if you're going to critique something, bring some insight. There's nothing wrong with angled stripes and they aren't so '90's, if done well, they look good. That would be like replying to a team that wears pinstripes in baseball "That's so 1912" (the year the Yankees first wore pinstripes).
"Replies". Also, that's a sentence fragment. Quit dragging down this operation.

Angled stripes. So '90s.

"Replies". Also, that's a sentence fragment. Quit dragging down this operation.

"Reptiles."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Based on the teaser video, and most seem to believe that the sharktooth stitching indicates that the striping we are looking at is the elbow. Also the black armor thirds are popular, I think they may go close to that route, with the one orange stripe on each elbow.

Here's a quick mockup of my prediction.

The white is kind of bland, but whatever - just going with a gut feeling. So far the teaser videos I don't believe the teaser videos have ruled this out yet. Thoughts? Would this be too much of an update? Also yeah the "Reebok" on the home teal in the teaser is definitely silver/gray. On the road sweater they could have the "Reebok" lettering in Black. I would not have a problem with either.

Edit: I left the patches off, because I got tired of messing with the mockup, besides I'm not too sure which one they'll use. If the want less orange, they'll probably keep the full shark. Otherwise who really knows?

They could also go the way of the old originals on the road sweaters, with the teal on the bottom and sleeves, but this felt a little more streamlined.

sharksupdate2013-14_possible_zpsfb909037

Wait wait wait. So the Sharks are now ditching silver as part of their color palette?

twitter

Wait wait wait. So the Sharks are now ditching silver as part of their color palette?

Silver (I guess technically it was gray but silver sounds cooler to me) to my knowledge hasn't been part of their official color palette since the introduction of the new logo I think. Then again they keep changing what their official colors really are, so it's hard to keep up. But it actually looks like they are re-introducing it in a very minimal manner - Reebok lettering on home teal.

Angled stripes. So '90s.

Exactly. And even if angled stripes were strictly 90's, what would be wrong with a 90's expansion team using them? The mind boggles...

Archived