2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bah.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying into the "stripes are heavy" crap. Even if a basic, fundamental design element of a hockey uniform adds weight to the jersey, it has to be a very miniscule amount, if anything at all. I have a hard time believing anyone would be stupid enough to buy into that, Sharks management included. It's a lousy excuse for them to reveal such a heavily trimmed down version of their uniforms, and it's an even lousier excuse for the players to be choking in the postseason.

Also, I still despise that leaping shark logo. And I still hate it even more as a shoulder patch that's too similar to the primary crest.

About the only thing I like about this is the removal of orange from the numbers. But the front numbers... no, Sharks. Just no.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

You're wearing shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, helmets, pants, a jock, a shirt, underwear, shin guards, socks, actual socks, skates, and a jersey, yet 100 grams of of striping material is too heavy for you?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Couldn't they just look at what Edmonton, Toronto, and Dallas did several years ago and figure out that no hem stripes are bad if you just have vertical arm stripes? I really think the meeting for this happened really late some night and they just wanted a way to make it "different enough."

HORRIBLE

turrible.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Bah.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying into the "stripes are heavy" crap. Even if a basic, fundamental design element of a hockey uniform adds weight to the jersey, it has to be a very miniscule amount, if anything at all. I have a hard time believing anyone would be stupid enough to buy into that, Sharks management included. It's a lousy excuse for them to reveal such a heavily trimmed down version of their uniforms, and it's an even lousier excuse for the players to be choking in the postseason.

Also, I still despise that leaping shark logo. And I still hate it even more as a shoulder patch that's too similar to the primary crest.

About the only thing I like about this is the removal of orange from the numbers. But the front numbers... no, Sharks. Just no.

Very well said WildWing. What is it with teams that "half-ass" their uniforms? I like the removal of the yokes, especially the black ones off the teal jerseys. Having just one single orange stripe in a double-sided trimming just looks dumb. Either keep the orange consistent or remove it all together.

What I would have done besides keeping the hem stripes and removing the front numbers is replace the orange with silver, add the dorsal fin shoulder patch, and add white-teal-white striping on the pants. Just like the classic originals.

Like Morgo said, no wonder why the Sharks have won only 3 conference final games in its history. Mediocrity continues to plague this organization.

Sadly, you nailed it, my friend.

Based on the teaser video, and most seem to believe that the sharktooth stitching indicates that the striping we are looking at is the elbow. Also the black armor thirds are popular, I think they may go close to that route, with the one orange stripe on each elbow.

Here's a quick mockup of my prediction.

The white is kind of bland, but whatever - just going with a gut feeling. So far the teaser videos I don't believe the teaser videos have ruled this out yet. Thoughts? Would this be too much of an update? Also yeah the "Reebok" on the home teal in the teaser is definitely silver/gray. On the road sweater they could have the "Reebok" lettering in Black. I would not have a problem with either.

Edit: I left the patches off, because I got tired of messing with the mockup, besides I'm not too sure which one they'll use. If the want less orange, they'll probably keep the full shark. Otherwise who really knows?

They could also go the way of the old originals on the road sweaters, with the teal on the bottom and sleeves, but this felt a little more streamlined.

sharksupdate2013-14_possible_zpsfb909037

sadly, you were right, my friend. Kudos.

Archived