2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number font is the same, and if those graphics are from the NHL's style guide, they FINALLY match the number font that the team has been using on ice since 2007.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I don't like that because that's basically the teal version of the Devils and I think the Sharks need a third color to play with, but not orange.

They're one of those teams who got it right on the first try and have been missing ever since.

000546187.jpg

(I'll admit the Flyers inspired uniforms of the early 2000s weren't bad)

DeibJ.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

When he does wear both home and away jerseys, Patrick Marleau will continue to have worn ALL of the Sharks jerseys in the team's history.

Also, this must have been a prototype that a fan bought, but, perhaps what the Sharks were thinking when the Edge format was being discussed:
226792_10150178557926032_3587662_n.jpg

I don't like that because that's basically the teal version of the Devils and I think the Sharks need a third color to play with, but not orange.

They're one of those teams who got it right on the first try and have been missing ever since.

000546187.jpg

(I'll admit the Flyers inspired uniforms of the early 2000s weren't bad)

DeibJ.gif

Can't beat that. No use even trying.

When he does wear both home and away jerseys, Patrick Marleau will continue to have worn ALL of the Sharks jerseys in the team's history.

Designs only or manufacturers? Wouldn't Marleau's rookie year be the year they switched to Nike? So he wouldn't have worn the CCM version.

But not all of their uniforms, since the Sharks had pants stripes up until the season before he joined the team (as per the switch from CCM to Nike, as OMMF mentioned), so his history with the team is incomplete.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Alright, having sometime to digest these. I'll make no reservations that this is going to be a bias review because I was NOT a fan of the former home and road sweaters. If you saw my mockup and the other poster mockup we were close in getting it right.

It wasn't hard because the black thirds/black Armor were popular with a lot of fans. I know some thought they were bland, but I liked them. Sadly I wasn't aware they were made of a different lighter material until the other day, but I knew the players liked them for some reason as they chose to wear them the last few seasons in the playoffs - now we know why (or at least what they are telling the public).

To me, these are not horrible, and I actually do like the fact that all three sweaters look the same. I know people didn't like the numbers on the right chest, but since we all knew the black armor thirds were staying, I knew there was a good chance they'd keep the front numbers. Otherwise we would have heard the black armors were getting a makeover as well.

I actually like the no waist piping, but it should have been revamped with something else, just not sure what at the moment.

As one who has been begging for the orange to go away (I'm fairly certain most here know how I feel about it) I'm happy there are only two stripes now, but it doesn't look right to me. I'd much prefer them to just do away with it on the uniform completely and use white or gray. Or if they insisted on keeping the orange, I'd prefer the white orange, black, orange, white striping (yes, two orange stripes on each elbow, for a total of four orange stripes - I think that's right I'm not good at math.

Anyway, overall not horrible and for me an improvement on the previous sweaters, but still not looking like the Sharks.

Grade: C.

Designs only or manufacturers? Wouldn't Marleau's rookie year be the year they switched to Nike? So he wouldn't have worn the CCM version.

The design itself. Manufacturer, no.

phaneuf-js-leafs-3-copy_zpsa369cabf.jpg

Dion looks like he's shopped on.

That uniform brings back a lot of bad memories. At least the Sharks had a shoulder patch on their uniforms.

That said, I think I like the aways a little bit better than the home set.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I actually like the no waist piping, but it should have been revamped with something else, just not sure what at the moment.

Look, I know that taste in uniforms is completely subjective, but I just don't get how people like/don't mind the absence of hem stripes. They're such a fundamental part of hockey uniforms and I can't think of any uniform that would look without them.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

But not all of their uniforms, since the Sharks had pants stripes up until the season before he joined the team (as per the switch from CCM to Nike, as OMMF mentioned), so his history with the team is incomplete.

He wore every jersey but not every uniform..

Yes, because the inaugural jerseys were worn as part of two separate uniforms. Before the 97-98 season, the pants had stripes. Starting in that season, they didn't.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived