2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

The removal of several features for no good reason is also unforgivable.

If the sleeve stripes were different - as in, completely different, not just a bit of colour removed from the same design - and if they changed the shoulder patch to the fin, then I'd be more willing to give these a pass.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the Habs ever actually change anything?

Yes. They now use accents on the letters that need some.

What are you referring to?

For the french names. I'm still unsure of whether those were the "big" changes announced by reebok, or did plans change...

0923-mtl-accent.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEV

Oh. I was thinking of colour accents (i.e. outlines). Good move, but I'm still waiting for straight sleeve stripes and single-outlined numbers (laces are preferred, but I can live without them).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Icethetics says that if there are any changes to the Habs, they won't happen this year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So now that the webfoot D has finally officially been confirmed as the Ducks primary logo, I think it's safe to bet on the third jersey being promoted to home by 2014-15 at the earliest.

This is just a wild guess on my behalf, but I reckon they'll keep whatever they use in the outdoor game as a new alternate uniform in 2014, assuming it's popular enough, and if the rumours of it being in the team's current colours are anything to go by. If it's a Mighty Ducks throwback they use, it's probably less likely to become a new third. And then probably a year or so until a new white jersey, unless they don't want to be one of those teams that does that.

Either that or they'll keep everything as is, because it's "timeless" or some rubbish.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

So now that the webfoot D has finally officially been confirmed as the Ducks primary logo, I think it's safe to bet on the third jersey being promoted to home by 2014-15 at the earliest.

This is just a wild guess on my behalf, but I reckon they'll keep whatever they use in the outdoor game as a new alternate uniform in 2014, assuming it's popular enough, and if the rumours of it being in the team's current colours are anything to go by. If it's a Mighty Ducks throwback they use, it's probably less likely to become a new third. And then probably a year or so until a new white jersey, unless they don't want to be one of those teams that does that.

I think you hit it on the nose. We'll see the current alternates become the home, with a white version as the away. From the rumors I've read here and elsewhere, the Stadium Series game will have the Ducks wearing a modern version of the classic Mighty Ducks jersey. I'm too betting that we'll see that as the alternate jersey in 2014.

The Ducks will be printing money this season with the classic Mighty Ducks jerseys and these Stadium Series jerseys on sale. This is a concept from these forums that I found a while back. Will be interesting to see whether this is close to what we get...

FeGRF9s.jpg

ZcIWjWQ.jpg

#AnaheimDucksGoooaaalll #LightThatLamp #DucksFlyTogether

#BlowKingsBlow #YoureAllQueens #SJSharts

The Next Wave jerseys were designed for optimal performance on the ice. The jerseys use the Reebok Play-Dry Stretch Fabric for comfort and for temperature control. To decrease the weight of the jersey, the teal shoulder cap was removed. The popular jumping Shark patch will remain on the shoulder. Even more weight was cut out by removing the stripes on the body of the jersey.

The away jersey is unfettered, with the Pacific Teal contrasting against the white fabric. Orange accents were removed from the lettering and numbering as well as the arm stripes. The classic crest logo will still be the centerpiece of the jersey.

To complete a classic look, neckline lacing was added and neckline striping was removed.

Clean, classic, bold and designed for performance, the Next Wave jerseys will help take the Sharks to the next level this season and many to come.

This team jerks itself off over the stupidest crap. Go hang another First Place In The Conference banner, you dorks.

Well, now we know why the Sharks will never win. They worry more about improving a jersey than they do a team. Here's a thought, just put a bunch of good players who can get it done in the playoffs in a jersey with a bunch of stripes, logo, and numbers on it, and stop believing the b.s. that uniform manufacturers keep telling you. Ain't no jersey ever made a player better. Only a player can make a jersey better. I realize this is a novel concept for the Sharks franchise who fired Dean Lombardi and Darryl Sutter...

Dean was fired because of how he handled the Nabakov situation

I think you hit it on the nose. We'll see the current alternates become the home, with a white version as the away. From the rumors I've read here and elsewhere, the Stadium Series game will have the Ducks wearing a modern version of the classic Mighty Ducks jersey. I'm too betting that we'll see that as the alternate jersey in 2014.

The Ducks will be printing money this season with the classic Mighty Ducks jerseys and these Stadium Series jerseys on sale. This is a concept from these forums that I found a while back. Will be interesting to see whether this is close to what we get...

FeGRF9s.jpg

Oh sweet lord that is a nice sweater. Ducks need to wear that full time.

They need to have that logo on the front. Throw the D on the shoulder, but that Duck Mask needs to come back.

Agreed. That Duck Mask is such a better logo than the Web D.

No way, it's cartoonish, Disney garbage. Why anybody is so nostalgic for it, I'll never know.

And I really hope they change the triangle to orange if they wear it...Pittsburgh has the market cornered on The Golden Triangle

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I feel that the novelty of the Mighty Ducks logo would wear off rather quickly if brought back full-time. Yes, it's fun for throwback/nostalgia's sake, but the webbed "D" is a great logo and should be theirs for years to come. The primary jerseys need to be changed, and that mess of an alternate needs to be thrown out. I like the striping of the primaries; throw in some more orange and gold on top of using the webbed "D" front-and centre and you have yourselves a look.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

They need to have that logo on the front. Throw the D on the shoulder, but that Duck Mask needs to come back.

Agreed. That Duck Mask is such a better logo than the Web D.

No way, it's cartoonish, Disney garbage. Why anybody is so nostalgic for it, I'll never know.

Indeed. It's not even like the franchise saw the most success in it. They won the Stanley Cup in their current look.

The 90s was when we saw teams and leagues really start to target kids. The NBA was the most successful with it, but the other leagues jumped in too. The Mighty Ducks brand was that strategy taken to its ridiculous conclusion, with the team literally named after a product its parent company put out. That's something that would fly (no pun intended) at the AHL, IHL, or ECHL levels. The NHL though? For as much crap as that league (rightfully) gets it's still the highest level of competition in the world when it comes to hockey. A team named after a Disney movie and cartoon franchise crossed that line that the Hornets and Sharks had straddled. It would be like if Hasbro bought a NHL team and named them the GI Joes or the Autobots. It's just crass, and unbecoming of a team playing in the NHL.

I know that the Mighty Ducks name and logo is part of the team's now respectable history, and many of non-fans still have fond memories of the look because it was released when they were young and thus in the target demographic it was aimed at (I was one of them, for whatever it's worth), so I don't mind it coming back in throwback form to celebrate an anniversary. It's a look, however, that shouldn't be brought back full time. The team has outgrown it.

I disagree.

Named after a Disney movie or not, the Ducks had an iconic, instantly recognizable brand that had been around for over a decade and saw a Stanley Cup Final. The only thing they did right in that brand was dropping the "Mighty" from the name in my opinion. The colours of the new look are dull and derivative, the script logo is terrible and the overall brand has little to no character. The inaugural look on the other hand had an attractive, original colour scheme and a great logo. Plus I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that thinks the jersey below is fantastic.

512g.jpg

Archived