2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks will be going to the thirds full time next year, and possibly get a new road uniform, per a season ticket holder on twitter who was informed by Ducks pbp man John Ahlers.

.... And I tried my best to come up with reasons to believe they won't be doing it, as I was in denial. Meh... At least they're better than the current primaries.

Ducks will be going to the thirds full time next year, and possibly get a new road uniform, per a season ticket holder on twitter who was informed by Ducks pbp man John Ahlers.

Knew it :D

Although I'm both very interested and worried about how they will go about turning that template into a white jersey, I've seen a number of concepts with that idea in mind and none of them looked very good. It's easily my favourite of the current three but they'd be better off working with a new template loosely based on this one. Ditch the side panels and get some horizontal striping there instead, also lose the piping, then they'd have a real good look to work with.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Regarding the Jets' old logos:

They'll bring one of them back next season as an alternate, and even though you're right, and the old logos don't look good at all, the merch will fly off the shelves on a wave of nostalgia.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://bleacherrepor...-be-resurrected

It's Bleacher Report, so have the barf bags ready. Some of them I agree with, others make me want to smack whoever wrote this.

There are a few logos in that list that I personally don't care for, but I'm not holding that against the author.

My main issue with this article is that the logos they want to see return, they want the FRANCHISE that used to be the team that used the logo to be the team to bring them back, even though it would make absolutley no sense at all for the current team of the franchise to use them (which is why they changed in the first place), and NOTto the team that currently occupies the city the logo used to belong to. Like the Devils using the old Rockies logo (instead of the Avalanche who probably could get away with using a modified version of it as a shoulder patch). Or Dallas using the old N-star logo (when there isn't even an N in their name). Or the Avalanche using the old Nordiques logo. Carolina could almost get away with using the old WH-tail logo if recolored, but the explicit appearance of the letters H and W would make that very difficult.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

It's Bleacher Report, so have the barf bags ready. Some of them I agree with, others make me want to smack whoever wrote this.

There are a few logos in that list that I personally don't care for, but I'm not holding that against the author.

My main issue with this article is that the logos they want to see return, they want the FRANCHISE that used to be the team that used the logo to be the team to bring them back, even though it would make absolutley no sense at all for the current team of the franchise to use them (which is why they changed in the first place), and NOTto the team that currently occupies the city the logo used to belong to. Like the Devils using the old Rockies logo (instead of the Avalanche who probably could get away with using a modified version of it as a shoulder patch). Or Dallas using the old N-star logo (when there isn't even an N in their name). Or the Avalanche using the old Nordiques logo. Carolina could almost get away with using the old WH-tail logo if recolored, but the explicit appearance of the letters H and W would make that very difficult.

Agreed. NJ honors the Rockies in a mural at the Rock, and considers it a part of their history. But who is going to appreciate a Colorado Rockies jersey more, NJ or Colorado? I know it's the old claiming logos / history that are not yours, but as a one off night to honor the past, I dont see the issue.

Its just like when the Lake Erie Monsters wore Cleveland Crusaders jerseys for a night. In no way were they trying to claim ownership of the Crusaders history but instead honored a part of Cleveland hockey history.

70389454.png

Agreed. NJ honors the Rockies in a mural at the Rock, and considers it a part of their history. But who is going to appreciate a Colorado Rockies jersey more, NJ or Colorado? I know it's the old claiming logos / history that are not yours, but as a one off night to honor the past, I dont see the issue.

Its just like when the Lake Erie Monsters wore Cleveland Crusaders jerseys for a night. In no way were they trying to claim ownership of the Crusaders history but instead honored a part of Cleveland hockey history.

Any pictures of that game?

untitled-6.jpg

They'll bring one of them back next season as an alternate, and even though you're right, and the old logos don't look good at all, the merch will fly off the shelves on a wave of nostalgia.

I would much rather see a light blue jersey with the current script (sans leaf) or the alternate logo front and center.

Just to :censored: with people, I'd like to see them go back to the original 1972-73 logo, where it was just JETS across the front. If you're gonna use a wordmark as an alternate, use the one without the circle or the plane puck.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

that said, no one ever said that the new uniforms would definitely be based on north stars uniforms. all we know is that there will be a new logo, featuring the letter D and a star (i've heard overlapped) with no arrows pointing in any direction or anything silly like that to get people ruffled about.

I hadn't seen that one reported yet. I know you have some sources, did that come from there or was it reported somewhere?

Good. Now if only they would change the name to the Los Angeles Ducks and ditch that silly disney logo on the shoulders, I'll be happy.

The Catch of the Day!

What makes

Good. Now if only they would change the name to the Los Angeles Ducks and ditch that silly disney logo on the shoulders, I'll be happy.

I never understood this argument. What makes it a silly Disney logo? Because it was the logo when Disney owned the team? It's no more cartoony (actually less-so) than San Jose's Shark or Pittsburgh's Penguin.

It needs some tweaking, but it's a solid logo and there was Ducks merchandise everywhere here (suburban Detroit) when they were using that. Now, nothing because they have no identity whatsoever.

sig.png

Just to :censored: with people, I'd like to see them go back to the original 1972-73 logo, where it was just JETS across the front. If you're gonna use a wordmark as an alternate, use the one without the circle or the plane puck.

Plus, they had contrasting nameplates, which the kids these days can't get enough of.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Why would they change the name to Los Angeles? They play in Anaheim which is it's own city and it's an hour away. By your logic the Devils could rename their team to the New York Devils and it would be fine. Anyway after the whole Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim name debacle (they too play in Anaheim) one of the things in the contract with the Honda Center is that any team playing in the arena has to use Anaheim as the only geographical identifier.

IbjBaeE.png

I'm not sure they would be though. If the crowd shots of Winnipeg fans during and immediately after the Thrashers' relocation told me anything it's that most of them have at least one vintage Jets sweater already.

I'm with Lee. I think a light blue alternate with the leaf-less wordmark as the crest is the way to go.

I'm not sure they would be though. If the crowd shots of Winnipeg fans during and immediately after the Thrashers' relocation told me anything it's that most of them have at least one vintage Jets sweater already.

I'm with Lee. I think a light blue alternate with the leaf-less wordmark as the crest is the way to go.

What should happen? Probably an original third jersey that expands the brand and explores the Air Force ties.

What will happen? Probably can be described in one word: Fauxback.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived