2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

See this? Why can't we do this?

1379411_10151881407589477_101015036_n.jp

Eugene, are you listening?

Costs too much money bro

Yeah that would cost at least two or three thousand dollars.

If anything at all.

The Ducks jerseys tonight are awesome. Bring them back for more than this game.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything at all.

LA ran 4 uniforms recently, right? Shouldn't be a problem with the Ducks too. Think of all the $$$$ they'll be making.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

duckscelebrate_2939-430x298.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

These uniforms are just head and shoulders above what the Ducks wear currently. Just a simple and clean design, with no cutesy numbers. The nice thing is, there's no shoulder patch and pant stripes. Simply the best Ducks look ever!

I liked the shoulder patch, but if this look were to come back full-time without it, I'd be 100% okay with it. Keep the "Anaheim Ducks" name, go back to these uniforms, and everything's dandy.

I think ownership is pretty insistent on keeping the black/gold/orange, though, popular opinion be damned. Shots of the new team store during the game showed zero throwback merch, so I'm guessing the replica jerseys were it.

By the way, is it just me, or did the diagonal striping make the Edge scooped hem somehow less noticeable?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the team can have four jerseys, and it's not like that'd be without precedent for the Ducks, just keep the primaries and the alternate and use the throwback as a second alternate. There's no reason why that wouldn't work.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sodboy, there actually is quite a bit of throwback merch from the pictures I have seen.

I wouldn't mind bringing back this or the white version as a 2nd alternate, but I would not like to see these return full time. 10 years ago, everyone hated these.

Costs too much money bro

If anything at all.

In the new CBA all players get their own rooms now.. not just the vets.. the Sens owner has complained about the added cost.

Costs too much money bro

If anything at all.

In the new CBA all players get their own rooms now.. not just the vets.. the Sens owner has complained about the added cost.

It's all white noise. I know the Sens have had money problems in the past...but seriously, small costs like these are insignificant when total revenue is over a hundred million dollars.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Sodboy, there actually is quite a bit of throwback merch from the pictures I have seen.

I wouldn't mind bringing back this or the white version as a 2nd alternate, but I would not like to see these return full time. 10 years ago, everyone hated these.

There's like two versions of throwback shirts, a couple hats, and the jerseys. There's some stuff, but not a whole lot. (And no Shirseys. Sorry, Sodboy.)

And what? These things were still great even 10 years ago. Everyone hated them? I know no one (outside of Ice Cap :P ) that hated them.

And you know what, seeing them in person tonight (90s in game entertainment and all), there's nothing now that won't convince me those jerseys would not work today. Especially seeing it on the EDGE template. This game was flawlessly executed in every sense. Just beautiful. And even watching it back on TV right now, it's fantastic.

Tonight was one of my favorite nights of hockey ever.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

For as well as the Ducks played in the throwbacks, I'd think there's a greater chance they'll be used again.

184425717-856x561.jpg

senators_ducks_hockey_28773191.jpg?w=620

1381718994000-10-13-2013-Ducks.jpg

nailed_it-s240x320-227191.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

There's like two versions of throwback shirts, a couple hats, and the jerseys. There's some stuff, but not a whole lot. (And no Shirseys. Sorry, Sodboy.)

And what? These things were still great even 10 years ago. Everyone hated them? I know no one (outside of Ice Cap :P ) that hated them.

A lot of people I know said they remembered how all the other fans in the league hated them, but now for some reason, those fans now seem to like them. I also know of some Ducks fans, who really hate the Mighty Ducks jerseys. If you don't know anybody who hated them, you're being ignorant.

A lot of people I know said they remembered how all the other fans in the league hated them, but now for some reason, those fans now seem to like them. I also know of some Ducks fans, who really hate the Mighty Ducks jerseys. If you don't know anybody who hated them, you're being ignorant.

Here in Nova Scotia, everyone hated the switch. Especially during the time the Ducks were in the 2007 Stanley Cup Finals. Everyone refused to even acknowledge the Ducks as just 'the Ducks'. After they won the cup though, Mighty Ducks were put in the fade. However the jerseys are treated like godly level :censored: here. Anyone seen wearing one is definitely getting all the looks in the room.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

"some reason" is called nostalgia, because, well, it does exist. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

That's not the case with me, because all you have to do is look at my sig, or my avatar (usually) to see that I'm a sucker for anything and everything '90s, but I'm sure some people began to miss seeing those Mighty Ducks jerseys they loathed when, all of a sudden, they weren't there to loathe anymore. Hell, the only reason I had that game on tonight in ANY capacity was so I could see the Mighty Ducks in action again. Otherwise, truthfully, I wouldn't have given a turd about that game.

spacer.png

Here in Nova Scotia, everyone hated the switch. Especially during the time the Ducks were in the 2007 Stanley Cup Finals. Everyone refused to even acknowledge the Ducks as just 'the Ducks'. After they won the cup though, Mighty Ducks were put in the fade. However the jerseys are treated like godly level :censored: here. Anyone seen wearing one is definitely getting all the looks in the room.

I'm guessing most people were annoyed that this little disney joke of a franchise (to them) was trying to act more professional. They probably didn't like the Mighty Ducks uniforms as much as they were annoyed by what the Ducks were doing. Kinda like how it's annoying to Adults when a Teenager thinks they're mature and knowledgable, when they're really not.

One thing I have noticed the past few days is a spike in Emilio and Goldberg jokes. I wouldn't be thrilled to go back to that, full time.

Archived