2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll look less washed out with some thick black-on-white block numbers on the sleeves to provide contrast.

This is a photoshop of the jerseys Kinger showed us - the ones Scranton will be using next season, right?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't like the ugly collar on the dark jersey. I prefer not seeing one at all like they have now.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Already old news, but no new thirds for the pens next year. The good news? The blue fauxbacks are finally dead.

If Rob Rossi is reporting that, then that means the Pens will have four of them next year. As long as Mario owns the Pens athletic gold is out of the question, but I could even go with the gold that was on the third that reintroduced the skating penguin, which would still be far and away better then what the Pens wear now.

Apparently this resulted in a bunch of fans walking out.

Then those fans need a life.

Well the Stars were gettin' shut out and not looking good on the ice, so...

The Stars haven't looked good on the ice since the introduction of the Edge jerseys.

Yeah, that's true.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Already old news, but no new thirds for the pens next year. The good news? The blue fauxbacks are finally dead.

If Rob Rossi is reporting that, then that means the Pens will have four of them next year. As long as Mario owns the Pens athletic gold is out of the question, but I could even go with the gold that was on the third that reintroduced the skating penguin, which would still be far and away better then what the Pens wear now.

Vegas gold really does look best on the shiny material they used with the pre-edge jerseys, and I hope whatever they do end up going to in the future uses it since the athletic gold is a thing of the past. There are a few teams that used to use unique materials. Always liked that extra element of individuality to each sweater. The only reservation I have towards a jersey like the one at the top is that it too closely resembles the Penguins' most iconic sweater from the early cup years, but anything is better than what they have now.

oBIgzrL.png

The only reservation I have towards a jersey like the one at the top is that it too closely resembles the Penguins' most iconic sweater from the early cup years, but anything is better than what they have now.

Why is that a bad thing?

The vegas gold has come to represent this generation of Penguins, I think it would be appropriate to come up with something new to go with it rather than coloring an old sweater with it. As well as my belief that those jerseys should remain in their era. Then again, I've always been a guy who prefers leaving old jerseys where they lie except for the occasional throwback night or if its way stronger than any of the team's other uniforms.

If it were me, I'd come up with something new and bring back the robo-pigeon as a shoulder patch. Always thought it was a strong crest, or at least a good shoulder patch.

oBIgzrL.png

The Robo-Pen looked great as a shoulder patch on the Pens' pre-Edge uniforms, which I'll chime in with everyone else on and agree was Vegas Gold done right. Great uniforms saddled with a mainly-awful period in team history.

Side note: Anyone know if the Penguins still use glacier twill for names and numbers?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The vegas gold has come to represent this generation of Penguins, I think it would be appropriate to come up with something new to go with it rather than coloring an old sweater with it. As well as my belief that those jerseys should remain in their era. Then again, I've always been a guy who prefers leaving old jerseys where they lie except for the occasional throwback night or if its way stronger than any of the team's other uniforms.

If it were me, I'd come up with something new and bring back the robo-pigeon as a shoulder patch. Always thought it was a strong crest, or at least a good shoulder patch.

See, I can't buy into that line of thinking. The goal should be to dress the team in as good a uniform as possible. If that means going back to the past to use or update an older design then so be it. By sticking to a "never look back" policy you're effectively writing off a good deal of potential designs to choose from in pursuit of the goal of looking as good as possible. Of course the opposite is true as well. You should be open to new designs as much as you're open to using elements from the past.

I just think the 90s Cup Era set is the best the Penguins have ever looked, and anything that draws on that can only be an improvement over the generic template uniform they wear now. There's even room to use the robo-pen as an alternate patch on that design.

Someone here had a terrific, perfect Penguins concept. It was strongly based on the Cup uniforms, but the yellow sleeve segments were tapered so they formed gold triangles. (They may have also been black on the white uniform, unsure.) That's what I'd go with, personally, with Pittsburgh gold, the city's coat of arms on one shoulder, and black or white numbers to differentiate them from the Bruins. The black/white is also penguiny, of course.

It has to be Pittsburgh gold, though. Wiz Khalifa didn't write "Black and Beige."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well the Winter Classic jerseys have been unveiled and they are the exact ones that were leaked earlier (except the Leafs' have white lace-ups instead of black). What did surprise me is that they will be using completely different uniforms for the alumni game. Here they are:

BHQcG5kCAAAgqjz.png

See, the thing is, the penguins have a lot of sharp jerseys in their history. One to appeal to every taste, really. So to choose any one to bring back using the "best yet" concept would upset as many people as it would please since there isn't a clear "best". But like I said, anything is better than what they have now, and if they rolled out an early cup era wannabe I'd snatch up a Neal one in a heartbeat.

And color-on-color in the WC? Nice!

oBIgzrL.png

See, I can't buy into that line of thinking. The goal should be to dress the team in as good a uniform as possible. If that means going back to the past to use or update an older design then so be it. By sticking to a "never look back" policy you're effectively writing off a good deal of potential designs to choose from in pursuit of the goal of looking as good as possible. Of course the opposite is true as well. You should be open to new designs as much as you're open to using elements from the past.

I just think the 90s Cup Era set is the best the Penguins have ever looked, and anything that draws on that can only be an improvement over the generic template uniform they wear now. There's even room to use the robo-pen as an alternate patch on that design.

I think the Cup jerseys look really dated. Especially the white one that has very little contrast & a particularly unattractive hem stripe design. Since Vegas Gold isn't going anywhere they should just adapt the pre-edge design to the edge format and not change anything again. This team is worse than the Canucks when it comes to consistency.

I think the Cup jerseys look really dated. Especially the white one that has very little contrast & a particularly unattractive hem stripe design. Since Vegas Gold isn't going anywhere they should just adapt the pre-edge design to the edge format and not change anything again. This team is worse than the Canucks when it comes to consistency.

Very true, in addition, this is the longest the Pens have stuck with a home / away set in franchise history, and it's arguably the ugliest during that time. I agree with a couple of others that the recolor of the cup home jersey looks good, while the away white doesn't, problem is with that shade of gold its not going to look good on any white uniform.

As an aside, back when the Pens changed to black and athletic gold the Bruins got bent out of shape about it claiming it was their scheme, the Pens pointed to the original Pirates use of black and gold in the 20's, while the Bruins were still a brown and gold team, as their response and the League agreed. In the current climate of way too many teams using similar color palates, two teams potentially using black and athletic gold isn't really a big deal.

Well the Winter Classic jerseys have been unveiled and they are the exact ones that were leaked earlier (except the Leafs' have white lace-ups instead of black). What did surprise me is that they will be using completely different uniforms for the alumni game. Here they are:

BHQcG5kCAAAgqjz.png

It would be cool if they had each player wear era-specific uniforms. It would still be easy to tell who's playing for who, and after all, it's only an alumni game.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Not by a longshot.

Archived