2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Oh, hey, Winter Classic announcement and jersey unveiling at Joe Louis on Sunday.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hamilton Bulldogs commentator Derek Wills announced tonight that the Houston Aeros will be moving to Des Moines, Iowa next season.

Is there something official? I had heard the Wild were having second thoughts. They were considering moving the Aeros to Peoria if the Canucks were able to move the current Peoria franchise to BC.

The bad news: The black-and-khaki Edge 1.0 template garbage is still around.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Isn't it true that Lemieux prefers the Vegas gold? I thought I read that somewhere.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

He does. He doesn't care for the athletic gold and black scheme, which I don't get personally but it's his team so meh.

I wouldn't mind the Vegas gold if it was used like it was on the pre-Edge sweaters, with the shimmer fabric that actually made it look gold instead of khaki. A sweater design based off of the early 90s Cup years would go a long way too.

Please no. The wordmark jerseys are terrible.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

He does. He doesn't care for the athletic gold and black scheme, which I don't get personally but it's his team so meh.

I wouldn't mind the Vegas gold if it was used like it was on the pre-Edge sweaters, with the shimmer fabric that actually made it look gold instead of khaki. A sweater design based off of the early 90s Cup years would go a long way too.

Leave the athletic gold and black scheme to the Bruins. At least now, the Penguins kind of have their own identity.

Oh, right, I forgot the Robopen was after the two Cup wins.

The Penguins won't have a third next year but will in 2014-2015 for the 30th anniversary of Mario Lemieux's first season. So bring on the yellow!

Source?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Penguins won't have a third next year but will in 2014-2015 for the 30th anniversary of Mario Lemieux's first season. So bring on the yellow!

Source?

He HATED those jerseys. So much so that the team stopped wearing them after his rookie preseason. They're not coming back, not under his watch.

I'm ok with it, too. Leave gold as a primary to Nashville. Now if the Cup-era jerseys came back, that would be awesome. What I really want is a brand new third jersey that's good enough to be promoted to a primary. The Pens have done that so many times now, I can't imagine any other way of doing it, outside of being forced by reebok

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I prefer the kahki/vegas gold. Yellow and Black is the bruins...I think going for the bright yellow would be a mistake by Pittsburgh. Anyway, I really dislike the Bruins colors, it's too garish on the eyes.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I think that the Penguins can wear black and yellow without looking too much like the Bruins. All they have to do is use more white than yellow on the home jersey. I think a black and yellow version of the pre-Edge jerseys, with a robo-penguin alternate would look great. Even if they want to keep the Vegas gold they've got to change that template. I can tolerate the Sens using it since it works much better with black, red, and white. The white and khaki are too similar to have next to each other.

The pre-edge set is arguably the best the team has ever looked. I don't understand for the life of me why those awful templated jerseys are even around. The "Edge 1.0" experiment was lowest point in hockey aesthetic history including cooperalls. This is why half the league has redesigned in just 5 years since. Pittsburgh, St Louis, Calgary and especially Colorado need to get with the times.

For those who want to see the Penguins go back to yellow: keep in mind that the CEC is full of gold seats.

No one is going to spend a boat of money to replace those.

Rogers Arena's seats are entirely dark red. Didn't stop the Canucks from going back to blue & green.

The ACC has black and tan seats.

The Wells Fargo center has dark red seats as well.

I'm sure there are other examples as well. The point I'm making is that if a team wants to change it's colours they're not going to let the fact that every 4th row of seats is a different shade of the new colour stop them.

I do hope they stick with the Vegas gold though.

What about this?

Fib4G.jpg

I know the Baby Penguins have/ had a third jersey based off of the early 90's Cup era jerseys with the Vegas gold and it looked pretty nice. (I also know these are fake and appear Photoshopped)

This is light years better than the piping crazy monstrosity they have now. What's so difficult about doing something like this?

sig.png

Archived