College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Could someone explain why Georgia is able to have fully-colored collars WITH Flywire while NFL teams who wanted Flywire were given those ugly toilet-seat collars?

Great question. Now if Nike only made the Texans collar as thin as this one it would have been a winner.

spacer.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone explain why Georgia is able to have fully-colored collars WITH Flywire while NFL teams who wanted Flywire were given those ugly toilet-seat collars?

Great question. Now if Nike only made the Texans collar as thin as this one it would have been a winner.

The collars for Georgia look exactly the same, size wise as the Texans.

And FWIW, I've never had a problem with the collars in the NFL. That's my unpopular opinion.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

And FWIW, I've never had a problem with the collars in the NFL. That's my unpopular opinion.

I suppose you are right after seeing this picture below, based on the picture a few pages back it looked thinner. By the way, what does FWIW stand for?

uga-uniform.jpg

spacer.png

By the way, what does FWIW stand for?

For what it's worth

I dont know how legit these are but one is posted by an assistant coach for Appalachian and the other is from the beginning of a highlight video.

helmetb_zps8330a2e8.jpg

the helmet on top might just be the one they use for press conferences (no stripes on it) and the logo looks too small (too much blank space) . The other two don't look to bad though

this is there everygame helmet:T2eC16ZHJG8E9nyfoUPtBQJW1lNw60_35_zps02ee50fe.jpg

I have never seen the matte black helmet with the black "A" logo before..

appsiggold.png

By the way, what does FWIW stand for?

For what it's worth

Thanks! Since I don't text, I have no clue what these kids are saying these days.

spacer.png

"Though the Red Raiders don't have time to totally overhaul their look before the 2013 season, but Hocutt hinted at some minor changes that Texas Tech fans could see next year.

“We’re in the conceptual stages of discussion as far as what we want to do long term,” Hocutt said. “That being said, we will have two new uniform combinations this season, which is something new. We’ve worked with Under Armour and we’ll have a couple of different uniform combinations to wear this year.”"http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-tech-red-raiders/20130326-kliff-kingsbury-ad-kirby-hocutt-want-texas-tech-s-football-uniforms-to-be-on-cutting-edge.ece

Is it just me, or is Gergia's new number font the same as the Bengals' (minus the drop shadows, of course)?

Yeah I definitely see some heavy weight DIN Condensed in there—with the requisite angled cuts and edges, as has been Nike's MO with a lot of these "custom fonts", lately, and it's starting to get old to me. That said, this set ain't nearly as egregious as some of the more recent custom jobs they've put out—but then again, this is an established, tradition-rich program we're talking about here. I think they knew the gidget-gadget gimmicks the lesser-known programs latch onto as a means of garnering attention weren't going to work here, not on a full-time basis, anyway.

All that said, I still like the way this turned out, overall. It still holds the familiar and longstanding image of Georgia we've all known for many many years now, while adding just enough to liven it up some (hence why this shouldn't necessarily be considered a "rebrand"—the same familiar primary logo, colors, and overall design are still there...its just been added to and refreshed, so "brand enhancement is what I'd call this). And nice bulldog rendering there, Fraser. I do wonder, though, if anyone in that department gave any kind of passing thought to fashioning a new "Power G" (is that really what that's called?) out of this new font here? It's rather ovular, so I don't see why it wouldn't have at least been attempted.

One last thing...who wants hedge bets on the next new uniform set we see this "custom font" pop up on? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Nike rep in the UGA presentation wouldn't comment on who the other 3 schools refreshing their identities this year are. I believe I can say Oregon State (definitely) and Cal are 2 of the 3 from the way Nike and the institutions have pushed the process and the resulting designs. Oregon State pumped out fresh uniforms for the entire athletic department with new logos. While Cal hasn't unveiled theirs, that is definitely the same vibe I've gotten from them. This page describes their unveil as a "streamlined visual identity" for the entire program. Will launch on April 10th.

http://www.calbears....fythebears.html

Baylor is tough to say. Their unis were definitely updated, but they didn't roll out any new logos, wordmarks, or graphics. I think they only qualify as simply moving onto their next design. I wouldn't be surprised if there is another team sitting out there who is the 3rd team.

Say BG, do you know if there's a doc somewhere that lays out the new typography like the one Oregon State had up on their website a few weeks back? I'm curious to see what the rest of this looks like.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just looked through the latest Nike catalog and there are quite a few teams showing TBD for jerseys. These are the ones we have not yet seen-

* Arizona

* Boise State

* UConn

* UNC

* Cal

* West Virginia

Just looked through the latest Nike catalog and there are quite a few teams showing TBD for jerseys. These are the ones we have not yet seen-

* Arizona

* Boise State

* UConn

* UNC

* Cal

* West Virginia

Interesting. Had not heard of a few of these teams updating. Where did you find the catalog?

I asked The Dude of WV if the Mountaineers would be getting new unis. His response, "Yes! Including a throwback!!!!"

EDIT: He followed up, "WVU will have 3 different sets that mix-able. Standard blue helmet with gold WV. White throwback with WV. And a gold helmet."

'

Archived