College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very curious about West Virginia's new uni's. Can't wait to see how the gold helmet will turn out.

I know one thing is for sure, they are not in NCAA 14 as they showed the first gameplay video yesterday and they showed their old uniforms.

spacer.png

HVoaUzQ.png

Email from UConn's President.

no cost? wow.

Why is that a wow? That has been the case for almost all Nike rebrands. Nike does it in house or hires guys like fraser to do it, but then makes up the cost with the increased merch sales that come with a new logo/identity. Sometimes Nike even keeps the merch rights to the logo for a year or two.

I am very curious about West Virginia's new uni's. Can't wait to see how the gold helmet will turn out.

I know one thing is for sure, they are not in NCAA 14 as they showed the first gameplay video yesterday and they showed their old uniforms.

I think you're right, but I'm not sure that logic is sound since NCAA keeps old unis in the game. TCU's '09 and '10 uniforms are still available for gameplay.

HVoaUzQ.png

no cost? wow.

Why is that a wow? That has been the case for almost all Nike rebrands. Nike does it in house or hires guys like fraser to do it, but then makes up the cost with the increased merch sales that come with a new logo/identity. Sometimes Nike even keeps the merch rights to the logo for a year or two.

ah, see, i've just started paying attention to these kinds of things (with finding this board last month, actually), so i just assumed that they usually get paid a ton for a full rebranding. but the increased merchandise makes sense.

looks like we will have those stupid update packs again then

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

HVoaUzQ.png

no cost? wow.

Has this been posted?

Paul Lukas@UniWatch 29m

New camouflage helmet for Virginia Tech, to be worn vs. Marshall on Sept. 21: pic.twitter.com/hAVeeVzonk

BG8OQQsCUAAzgie.png

i give up. i give up. i give up.

can we please stop with this nonsense.

I agree. This type of "tribute" has no place in college sports, or really any sport for that matter.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

HVoaUzQ.png

no cost? wow.

Has this been posted?

Paul Lukas@UniWatch 29m

New camouflage helmet for Virginia Tech, to be worn vs. Marshall on Sept. 21: pic.twitter.com/hAVeeVzonk

BG8OQQsCUAAzgie.png

I agree. This type of "tribute" has no place in college sports, or really any sport for that matter.

Wow that is just hideous. Remind me again which branch of the military uses orange camo.

Changing uniforms at halftime of a spring game? Why not just wear them for the whole game?

I understood that the new "traditional" unis would be on display all day during the spring game, and the "alternate" uni would be presented during halftime, not worn at any point during the game. We'll see in a week & a half I guess.

That would make a lot more sense.

HVoaUzQ.png

no cost? wow.

Has this been posted?

Paul Lukas@UniWatch 29m

BG8OQQsCUAAzgie.png

Wow that is just hideous. Remind me again which branch of the military uses orange camo.

no better way to pay tribute to tacky american fashion than to wear orange camo...well done indeed vatech as I'm sure this will seal the deal with the recruits.

HVoaUzQ.png

no cost? wow.

Has this been posted?

Paul Lukas@UniWatch 29m

BG8OQQsCUAAzgie.png

no better way to pay tribute to tacky american fashion than to wear orange camo...well done indeed vatech as I'm sure this will seal the deal with the recruits.

Times like this I'm glad I root for UVA

baltimoreravens.png

HVoaUzQ.png

no cost? wow.

Has this been posted?

Paul Lukas@UniWatch 29m

BG8OQQsCUAAzgie.png

Times like this I'm glad I root for UVA

so the only time, right?

(i kid. sort of)

They also had Michigan's tusk away jerseys. It's nice to see Wisconsin a d A&M's special items added as well. Its oly April. If tg e school sent the files to EA it could be in the game. Also, all new jnis were in a free pack. Special edition unis wede where they charged.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They also had Michigan's tusk away jerseys. It's nice to see Wisconsin and A&M's special items added as well. Its oly April. If the school sent the files to EA it could be in the game. Also, all new uniforms were in a free pack. Special edition unis which were added then they charged.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Is it just me, or is Gergia's new number font the same as the Bengals' (minus the drop shadows, of course)?

All that said, I still like the way this turned out, overall. It still holds the familiar and longstanding image of Georgia we've all known for many many years now, while adding just enough to liven it up some (hence why this shouldn't necessarily be considered a "rebrand"—the same familiar primary logo, colors, and overall design are still there...its just been added to and refreshed, so "brand enhancement is what I'd call this). And nice bulldog rendering there, Fraser. I do wonder, though, if anyone in that department gave any kind of passing thought to fashioning a new "Power G" (is that really what that's called?) out of this new font here? It's rather ovular, so I don't see why it wouldn't have at least been attempted.

One last thing...who wants hedge bets on the next new uniform set we see this "custom font" pop up on? :P

Did Fraser design this logo? Also, was "hedge" bets a uga pun?

Pretty sure that's their existing helmet for the shoot, which isn't changing. My guess is that the numbers on the helmet will be updated as well, since those are just decals.

No new alts for Georgia. The alt uni I designed was cut. Oh, yeah, I designed the UGA uniform btw ;)

Only an old helmet available for the photoshoot, or is UGA keeping the block numbers up there with a new set 12 inches lower?

I get standardization across the department, but damn I loved the previous numerals.

Great job as a whole, Gordie.

Just to clarify, the block number font on the back of the helmet has been inconsistent to the block numbers on the jersey for a while, slightly different font. So I wouldn't be surprised if that remained unaltered.

Response on campus has been fairly apathetic so far I would say, most people will probably just look and be like, "what changed?" The people I have talked to definitely have mixed opinions about the secondary logo, I for one am a fan, it's grown on me already... definitely a well rendered logo but people like the traditional hand-drawn bulldog head for the most part, possibly for nostalgic purposes I don't know, because the new one is clearly a much better logo. Still the fact that it's so modern is possibly the cause, I've heard the the dog looks "scary" or "mean" haha, but I'm definitely excited to see merchandise with this logo. Georgia fans are a traditional breed overall so I don't think the change was necessary, but from a design standpoint it's a nice refreshing / standardization of the brand.

Archived