College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Now thanks to Harry Reid and President Obama...those Army, Navy and Air Force uniforms won't be in use until those bums do their job.

The Army-Navy game could be cancelled since the Senate Dems shut down the Government.

As it should be cancelled. Why should my tax dollars go toward paying for a college football game that I have zero interest in? Is this a matter of National Defense? Absolutely not. If they want to play the game they should solicit PRIVATE donations to play sports on their free time.

The stadium sold out and there's a big TV contract for it, so doesn't this event really fund itself?

On the flip side, why should things like this have to be cancelled because the Senate and President refuse to sign a budget? The event has already been paid for.

87Redskins.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now thanks to Harry Reid and President Obama...those Army, Navy and Air Force uniforms won't be in use until those bums do their job.

The Army-Navy game could be cancelled since the Senate Dems shut down the Government.

As it should be cancelled. Why should my tax dollars go toward paying for a college football game that I have zero interest in? Is this a matter of National Defense? Absolutely not. If they want to play the game they should solicit PRIVATE donations to play sports on their free time.

^asshat.

Fight my wars and die for my lazy ass, but how dare you participate in collegiate sports. MUHTAXXEZ!!!

Is the outline on the numbers for Baylors unis not green? Looked like it to me.

Gold counts as a school color for them in my book.

I don't see a green outline on the numbers. Would USC wearing pink count as a school color for them, too, since it's the same color as crimson (red) but in a lighter shade? Could Texas wear Tennessee's orange and it still be a school color? What about Ohio State wearing anthracite instead of light grey?

^asshat.

Fight my wars and die for my lazy ass, but how dare you participate in collegiate sports. MUHTAXXEZ!!!

^asshat.

the-rock-slow-clap.gif

87Redskins.png

I don't see a green outline on the numbers. Would USC wearing pink count as a school color for them, too, since it's the same color as crimson (red) but in a lighter shade? Could Texas wear Tennessee's orange and it still be a school color? What about Ohio State wearing anthracite instead of light grey?

I see your point, but Baylor has been wearing gold in football for such a long time, it counts for me. It's not like they pulled a random color out, it is a color that has long been established as on the football teams colors.

BVNN3MlCYAAUALC.jpg

This s the best navy's looked in quite some time.
Thats army
I think that's Navy's helmet.

:P

clearly Navy's helmet. i can tell by the pixels

so i'm guessing this is an alternate helmet? and the matte gold one still their standard?

am i missing something? or am i the oly one that sees the army strong patch, army "A", and West Point crest?
It's Army. I guess it's hard to tell when someone's being sarcastic on the Internet. (I don't have time to explain where the "it's navy's helmet" joke came from, but someone else who remembers that can explain.)
IIRC, it was the Navy-Army game in 2011 or 2012, and we couldn't tell whether it was Army's or Navy's. So we kept arguing until we made it a joke.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Oh shush it, keep political beliefs out of this. It is both parties fault in congress. plain and simple.

Oh shush it, keep political beliefs out of this. It is both parties fault in congress. plain and simple.

Thank you.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Have you guys seen the new Navy helmet?

The "A" is part of both nAvy and united stAtes. Pretty cool.

Generic%20Helmet_20101651.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/385485551609999360

"THIS JUST IN: Air Force-Navy & Army-Boston College will play this weekend, pending approval by the Secretary of Defense. (via @McMurphyESPN)"

Still on hold. someone jumped the gun. Sadly, had they all been playing at home they'd not be dealing with this. The programs are not fully funded by the government, but some of it is based on appropriation funds.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

^asshat.

Not my wars my tax dollars are going to. Why should my hard earned money go to something I don't support?

BVNN3MlCYAAUALC.jpg

Thats army

so i'm guessing this is an alternate helmet? and the matte gold one still their standard?

am i missing something? or am i the oly one that sees the army strong patch, army "A", and West Point crest?
It's Army. I guess it's hard to tell when someone's being sarcastic on the Internet. (I don't have time to explain where the "it's navy's helmet" joke came from, but someone else who remembers that can explain.)
IIRC, it was the Navy-Army game in 2011 or 2012, and we couldn't tell whether it was Army's or Navy's. So we kept arguing until we made it a joke.

Don't think so. It was because HGI posted a closeup of a tan helmet earlier this year, and no one could decide if it was navy or army. Somebody was really stubborn and kept saying it was navy, even though it became clear it was armies.

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

^asshat.

Not my wars my tax dollars are going to. Why should my hard earned money go to something I don't support?

They're in the military, they fight all wars - ones you support and the ones you don't.

Do everyone a favor and shut the :censored: up.

BVNN3MlCYAAUALC.jpg

Thats army

Don't think so. It was because HGI posted a closeup of a tan helmet earlier this year, and no one could decide if it was navy or army. Somebody was really stubborn and kept saying it was navy, even though it became clear it was armies.

I could have sworn that it was Penn State's helmet. :D

^asshat.

Seriously?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived