College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona State new helmet

20130928_ajw_ak4_405.0_standard_352.0.jp

29901534001_2703342499001_928darby.jpg?p

Does anyone know what all the patches are for on the Sun Devils Jersey?

1216750.jpg

Former ASU/NFL player and father of Danny White, "Whizzer" White passed away in August, hence the memorial patch.

The Scholar-Baller patch is awarded to athletes with a 3.0 or higher and has been around since 2001.

...And yes, last night's helmets are terrible. I hated them when they first popped up during the summer...I'm anxious to see everyones reactions when the unis are unveiled.

Because a 3.0 GPA is good. You'd have to be pretty dumb to get a 3.0.

Um. Are you still in middle school?

Yeah, without getting into a pissing match about who got what where and when, a 3.0 is pretty decent, especially for a student-athlete who has a full schedule and practices. Ugly patch though...

No, I'm actually in high school.

And LEWJ, I'd hate to have a 3.0 I've got a 3.5, and know I can do better.

Do better then, moron.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

On topic, I LOVE those Maryland lids. I would not be mad if that was there new primary helmet.

Also, those new ASU helmets aren't all that bad, in my eyes, but I would prefer no pitchforks.

As for Baylor... Yikes. Still not a Chrome fan.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Baylor's combo vs. WVU this weekend: BVgX0WoCAAA0zBY.jpg

Perfect Uni for a game in 2013

No school colors: check

BFBS: check

something shiny: check

monochrome: check

Just in terms of a uniform - I love the number font along with that gold on black. The chrome gold helmet should look awesome too.

However, when you take into consideration it's Baylor (green and yellow/gold) - it's really dumb.

maryland-vs-west-virginia-sept-21.jpg

I actually like this. A lot. This is weird because I hated it the first time they tried this.

Yea first time was ugly, but they made changes to it and executed it nicely. Love that one guy personally air brushed each helmet himself, think they said he did 200 helmets.

It sounds like Northwestern will wear their black uniform with an as of yet unseen purple helmet against OSU on Saturday. I'll have to wait until I see the helmet with the uniform to react. I really wish we'd just wear our normal uniforms, which are great.

10038256006_2be56f4ca6.jpg

yeah i think this look and the uniforms they wore against Cal are the best they got, i love that black helmet.

Archived