College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Icky jingoistic uniform is icky and jingoistic.

You just beat me to it. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the look either. I was just hoping for no camo, and there isn't any, but it's still very icky and jingoistic. And we get an extra week to look forward to seeing these!

Northwestern is going AMERICAN all over everybody's a**es!

I think this proves that the rest of the teams in the country are not nearly as patriotic as Northwestern and they should be embarrassed. Especially their opponents for that day, Michigan. In fact Michigan should show them that they love America the most and get a similar design, replacing the gray with more stars and stripes.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Oklahoma State was a uni mess. But so was TT. All black? Really? LOLOL

Tech has a history with all black, considering it is a school color after all. I don't see what your point is.

Then think harder.

BYPZn7_CYAAskYi.jpg

Northwestern uniform vs Michigan on 11/16

Is this the worst CFB uniform ever? Not 1 single school color on it. If you take the name of the chest (which nobody will even notice) and the small logo off the BACK of the helmet and pants leg, this could literally be any team in the country.

Just awful. Stuff like this makes games unwatchable for me.

Ok, let's stop that rumor right now before it starts. It's clearly meant to be 'worn' not blood splatter, because the same 'worn' look on the blue side has blue 'splatter'. Does it look like blood splatter? Yes. Is looking like blood splatter as bad as intended to look like blood splatter? 4uck no.

Does it look like blood splatter? Yes.

Does that matter far more than whatever the intention was? Yes.

wrong. Intent to make it look like blood is far worse than the the incompetence of not thinking it would look like blood. They clearly went for tattered flag, while ugly and inappropriate, it is not nearly as inappropriate as what you suggest.

Furthermore, in the full context of the uniform, no reasonable person could assume that that pattern? effect? treatment? is meant top be blood, since on 50% of the uniform that has that pattern? effect? treatment?, it is blue.

Ok, let's stop that rumor right now before it starts. It's clearly meant to be 'worn' not blood splatter, because the same 'worn' look on the blue side has blue 'splatter'. Does it look like blood splatter? Yes. Is looking like blood splatter as bad as intended to look like blood splatter? 4uck no.

Too late for that to happen as deadspin is all over it. Regardless of intent someone either at NU or UA should have known better and both parties are going to have to deal with the blowback of being too patriotic. This was beyond a bone-headed design. I'm also envisioning a sh-it-storm is going to come of it simply due to sensationalistic media insatiable need for ginned up controversey.

I think there's a good chance this whole thing gets shelved or some modifcations to the design will be made, if that's even feasible.

Furthermore, in the full context of the uniform, no reasonable person could assume that that pattern? effect? treatment? is meant top be blood, since on 50% of the uniform that has that pattern? effect? treatment?, it is blue.

It's the first thing I thought when I saw them. And it's the first thing a lot of other people thought, too, judging by the reaction.

That's what my point is. I think you may have misinterpreted me.

I'm sure the designer had good intentions, but good intentions don't mean much when they aren't clear to the majority of people.

It's the first thing I thought when I saw them. And it's the first thing a lot of other people thought, too, judging by the reaction.

That's what my point is. I think you may have misinterpreted me.

I'm sure the designer had good intentions, but good intentions don't mean much when they aren't clear to the majority of people.

perception is reality in many cases.

Archived