College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're a red and black team. With the amount of red in the stadium on game day, I think the black will look beautiful.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

These UCF helmets along with Connecticut's new design has me thinking. It seems these are following the form and shape of the Speed helmet to incorporate the design. Is this unprecedented?

So UCF is still keeping their white helmet, correct? I'm assuming so since it's in the background and all but just wanted to double check.

Yea, the white helmet will still be the primary. The black will be an alternate.

Also, the matte/glossy gold helmet is just showing the design. The actual helmet will be glossy all around.

1401222.jpg

Left shows the design, right shows the actual colors that will be used, per http://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1503671

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

These UCF helmets along with Connecticut's new design has me thinking. It seems these are following the form and shape of the Speed helmet to incorporate the design. Is this unprecedented?

The only helmet that comes to mind doing this was Ohio State's Rivalry helmet from a couple years ago.

Ohio-State-Pro-Combat-Helmet.jpg

As I mentioned a page back, I like the idea. Using the contours/shape of the helmet to apply a design is interesting, and looks good if done right.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Nope.

2011-Ohio-State-Pro-Combat-Uniform-8.jpg

So UCF is still keeping their white helmet, correct? I'm assuming so since it's in the background and all but just wanted to double check.

Yea, the white helmet will still be the primary. The black will be an alternate.

Also, the matte/glossy gold helmet is just showing the design. The actual helmet will be glossy all around.

1401222.jpg

Left shows the design, right shows the actual colors that will be used, per http://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1503671

Thanks for the info. That makes a lot more sense than what we were originally thinking. While not a perfect match, the Vegas gold does come much closer to UCF's colors than that old gold. Using the glossy black instead of the matte is a much better choice as well. That helemet might not look that bad actually once they put the logo on it.

College football is my favorite sport but I just realized I have not checked this thread in over 25 pages...I think my interest in the uniforms has waned...I don't want to keep up with the goofy crap these schools put out ever other day.

I skimmed a few pages and I found a comment to the effect of "crappy and disposable is now preferred to nice and timeless." And that's what is turning me off. Someone else suggested "that's what happens when you base your uniform decisions on the preferences of 18-20 year olds." I think that problem is a distant second. The real issue is that this is what happens when uniforms stop being about representing the team and the school and are now about generating chatter around the manufacturer. I really hope that they overplay this to the point that people stop paying attention and we can go back to a time when teams would hold on to their general set for a few years.

I am into uniforms, but:

Dear College Football,

Sometimes less is more.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

943765_10151905378238047_1315581963_n_zpsc0bc64ae.jpg

Have UCF's helmets always had these gold flecks or is this something new?

It looks like it matches the gold that they are using on the black helmet.

I like it. It reminds me of the white, sandy beaches of Florida.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

first shipment of Baylors gaudy helmets is in:

BJ0-8PBCUAArYdY.jpg

God help anyone in Floyd Casey Stadium if BU wears them on a sunny day. :)

those sure are brassy

They actually look a lot better in this picture than the original ones. it might just be the lighting, but these look more vegas gold and the other ones look more, im not sure the word i'm looking for, but more yellow/bronze-y gold.

943765_10151905378238047_1315581963_n_zpsc0bc64ae.jpg

Have UCF's helmets always had these gold flecks or is this something new?

Probably just overspray from those black & gold nightmares.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1401222.jpg

Left shows the design, right shows the actual colors that will be used, per http://ucf.rivals.co...asp?CID=1503671

I don't get why UCF would take all this time to do a presentation, BUT not have time to put decals on the helmets.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

1401222.jpg

Left shows the design, right shows the actual colors that will be used, per http://ucf.rivals.co...asp?CID=1503671

IMHO, they should have the state of Florida on the Alternates like they did when I played there.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

Archived