Oregon State Unveils New Logo and Uniforms

BroadSt_Bully

Interesting article about the rebrand from John Canzano today. Two interesting notes from the article (http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2013/02/canzano_as_oregon_state_gets_n.html) worth sharing. One, the helmet image floating around the web with the oversized beaver on the side is not the new helmet, and apparently Under Armor tried very hard to get OSU to join them a couple years ago. I shudder to think how that could've gone...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Beavers signed an eight-year deal with Nike to outfit all its athletic teams, and now, the Beavers find themselves as one of only four programs nationally that will participate in an official Nike-driven roll out.

Who are the other three?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I believe two of them are Washington State and Arizona state

And possibly Missouri or Michigan state

Well, they did completely re-brand the entire Missouri athletic department with new uniforms, wordmarks, etc.

Not sure what "Nike-driven roll out" means exactly, but that would seem to fit.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Don't forget TCU.

Washington State, Arizona State, and Missouri rolled out their identities (and proprietary fonts) department-wide. TCU doesn't seem to have rolled out everything across all sports.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Don't forget TCU.

Washington State, Arizona State, and Missouri rolled out their identities (and proprietary fonts) department-wide. TCU doesn't seem to have rolled out everything across all sports.

Yes, they have. MBB, WBB, Volleyball, Baseball, Tennis, Soccer, Track, etc... all got new unis using the new purple, new primary logo, new number font and new wordmark. Basketball and Volleyball even got new courts using the new colors and logos.

460x.jpg

fid10177.jpg

fid7342.jpg

Volleyball_Court_medium.jpg

fid10162.jpg

schloss.0_standard_352.0.jpg

fid10759.png

I stand corrected.

The whole look still seems incomplete, since the "TCU" mark looks like it's a part of a different identity altogether.

It actually is. The TCU Nike designed was not well liked so they kept everything else except that.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It can't be Wazzu and ASU. The article says "will" implying teams that have yet to do so.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Great forum you have here. I like the idea of a redesign and there are probably a handful of concepts that are better than the one floating on the interweb. eyes and overall shape need some refinement....I took a stab below. Needs further dental work. Come Monday the mystery will be solved...I'm thinking these are just concepts...intended to increase attention.

beaver.jpg

I stand corrected.

The whole look still seems incomplete, since the "TCU" mark looks like it's a part of a different identity altogether.

Agreed, The arched TCU is a classic collegiate logo while the new font is very modern. Don't pair well together IMO. The arched TCU logo has been around a decade at least, but was never the primary logo until the 2012-2013 academic year.

I stand corrected.

It actually is. The TCU Nike designed was not well liked so they kept everything else except that.

The frog(s) designed by Nike was not well-liked, but I don't think there was ever a move to change the arched TCU logo. I heard before the redesign that it wouldn't be touched and I saw plenty of concepts during the redesign, none of which involved that logo.

Illinois will be added to this list in 2014. They're currently doing a rebrand of their entire athletic department with Nike.

I can't wait to see what they do with Illinois, especially since they will likely just be working with some kind of block I and a wordmark. Do we know when it's going to be released for sure yet? I'm guessing it will be spring 2014 sometime after the basketball season is over.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm a little worried about what they will do with Illinois. I hope they keep the wordmark and number font from the basketball uniforms and continue to feature the zigzags and keep things relatively simple but only time will tell I guess. Also I will be disappointed if the football helmet is done away with completely

Great forum you have here. I like the idea of a redesign and there are probably a handful of concepts that are better than the one floating on the interweb. eyes and overall shape need some refinement....I took a stab below. Needs further dental work. Come Monday the mystery will be solved...I'm thinking these are just concepts...intended to increase attention.

beaver.jpg

Earlier, I said I didn't like the logo, but it looks very nice right there.

I'm a little worried about what they will do with Illinois. I hope they keep the wordmark and number font from the basketball uniforms and continue to feature the zigzags and keep things relatively simple but only time will tell I guess. Also I will be disappointed if the football helmet is done away with completely

I'm hoping for the same thing for the most part. One thing I don't really like is how the font they use for basketball doesn't match the block I logo at all. And I think the Giants rip-off helmet is pretty bad, but I really hope they keep orange as the primary helmet. Blue or even white is fine as an alternate, but I want to see orange the majority of the time.

To stay on topic here, the teaser doesn't really show us much for Oregon State. I guess it's good that nothing weird will be going on with the collar and there's no random color panels around the top of the jersey. I hope they go pretty traditional here. Their Pro Combat Rivalry uniforms were one of my favorites. Something like that with the new logo on the helmet would be perfect.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I can't wait to see what they do with Illinois, especially since they will likely just be working with some kind of block I and a wordmark. Do we know when it's going to be released for sure yet? I'm guessing it will be spring 2014 sometime after the basketball season is over.

Based on other Nike rebrands, like Michigan St., I'm guessing they will debut the rebrand for every sport in March or April of next year.

225156_10151495162383287_664753145_n.jpg

6:30 p.m pacific time, 9:30 Eastern. Not really expecting anything drastic in uniforms. They should only have Orange, Black and White options across all sports, but what design they use should be interesting. Any thoughts before the big revealing?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived