Oregon State Unveils New Logo and Uniforms

BroadSt_Bully

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes an improvement, but that's not hard to do. no matter how you look at it, what style you go for, a beaver logo can't be easy. it dosent look like Fraser's work to me, there are some odd shapes in the eye and ear area, but perhaps he had a hand in part it?

the silhouette isn't the best, theres nothing that reads as a beaver from that but not too concerned about it because i get the feeling it's going to mostly live on black backgrounds. while i don't really find this one that great, i don;t think its too poor either. not a timeless design by any means, but it works in 2 color (or 1?) well and could last for a while without feeling old or dated. it's okay to me.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

yes an improvement, but that's not hard to do. no matter how you look at it, what style you go for, a beaver logo can't be easy. it dosent look like Fraser's work to me, there are some odd shapes in the eye and ear area, but perhaps he had a hand in part it?

the silhouette isn't the best, theres nothing that reads as a beaver from that but not too concerned about it because i get the feeling it's going to mostly live on black backgrounds. while i don't really find this one that great, i don;t think its too poor either. not a timeless design by any means, but it works in 2 color (or 1?) well and could last for a while without feeling old or dated. it's okay to me.

I'm getting a lot of the same feelings too. I feel like I want to load it up in a design program and mess with it to make it seem a little less stylized and a bit more like a conventional beaver logo. The eye is what is bothering me the most. I feel as if I really want the eye to be more fierce and ominous as opposed to the somewhat scared or timid look it seems to have.

That being said, I love the fact that it has movement and evokes some sort of swiftness and speed. It is certainly streamlined, which the previous one was not. I'm sure the Nike folk spewed a whole wheel barrow full of horse$#!t when they presented it to the OSU brass to define the look. I think it can definitely work but I will reserve full judgment until I see it within the context of the whole identity. Really curious to see the word mark/font they created. It can make or break the entire thing.

EDIT: I will say that the more I look at it the more I really like it. That furry little $#!t is starting to grow on me :)

Their new logo looks like a naked mole rat. It's a shame, because Oregon States current logo is one of my favorites in college sports.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Not feeling it. Its a college logo, it should be more cartoon like.

I agree. I think it's oddly shaped and cartoonishness hasn't been an issue before. The current logo needs cleaned up a little and maybe filled out in the skull but I like it better than this.

Reasons why this logo is awesome:

• The previous logo looked like a jagged rodent about to have a stroke.
  • It has a fantastic curvature that lends itself perfectly to a football helmet.
  • It actually looks like a beaver, but doesn't have some buffoonish snarl or over-detailed elements. Very balanced.

Why this logo might not be so cool:

• People hate everything.
  • Doesn't look stupid enough.
  • More stripes or something.
  • I hate Nike

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived