Teams that just need to change their wordmark or number font

BadSeed84

Theres some teams out there that have a good look, its just that the font choice whether its for their numbers or team name could be better and it would be an all around great look.

Heres 2 examples.

LA%20Kings%20AP.jpg

I like the overall look of what the kings did, but they need to change the fone of their numbers and LA which is leftover from their previous uniforms. They can keep the crown tho.

20130308_mbr_se9_149.0_standard_352.0.jpg

I've never cared for the font for "HOUSTON" change it to comething thicker or something else and it would be better looking.

Number font could be a bit thicker too.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does a team that needs to take the wordmark off of their jerseys count? If it does, the Canucks.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Agreed with both the LA Kings and Reds. With the Kings, in addition to the horrible number font, they also have a ridiculous captain C. With the Reds, it's not even that the font is that bad, it's the white outline in between the number and shadow. Either ditch the shadow, or ditch the white border.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does a team that needs to take the wordmark off of their jerseys count? If it does, the Canucks.

I abhor the font Vancouver uses for the lettering and numbering on their jerseys. Looks cheap and tacky. Doesn't help that my local take-out pho joint uses the same font.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Columbus uses two separate fonts for player names and numbers, and neither of them matches the rest of their look. The wordmark they're using for their alternate helmets this season would work great for the nameplates, perhaps if it were narrowed a bit.

Oddly enough, I think the Kings' numeral font would work perfectly for the Blue Jackets.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

With the exception of the NY Rangers, I don't like chest wordmarks in the NHL (looking at you Dallas, Vancouver, NY Islanders alt). Leave that to college hockey. They do it better anyway.

mainescarf.png

cbj_jersey.jpg

See, I like this font. Sure, there are some tweaks that could be made; but overall, I really like the idea.

Also, the colors in that picture (the jersey looks black to me) make it look like it'd be a great Lightning jersey.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not a font change, but still a minor tweak. The Lions just need to fatten their helmet stripe a bit and I think it would really help their look. I can never get over their overly skinny helmet stripe. They should look to Ohio State for inspiration.

(thumbs down)

Matthew-Stafford-Lions.jpg

(thumbs up)

72951636_crop_650x440.jpg?1324748563

I'm very confused as to why you posted this here...

Untitled.png

I've always thought that the Chiefs' wordmark needed an update. Never really been a fan of the one they use now.

856.gif

Brandon's version of it is much better, while still keeping the same basic idea intact.

kc3.jpg

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Not a font change, but still a minor tweak. The Lions just need to fatten their helmet stripe a bit and I think it would really help their look. I can never get over their overly skinny helmet stripe. They should look to Ohio State for inspiration.

(thumbs down)

Matthew-Stafford-Lions.jpg

(thumbs up)

72951636_crop_650x440.jpg?1324748563

I'm very confused as to why you posted this here...

Didn't seem worth making a whole new thread for "Teams that need to fatten their helmet stripe"... So, as I mentioned even though its not a font change its still a minor change I'd like to see.

90758391980.gif

I love the Wizards' new-ish unis, but the numbers are virtually illegible from the stands or in wide-angle shots on TV. To make matters worse, the Wizards recently moved their home and away TV announcing crew up into the second tier (to make room for more revenue-generating seats courtside). As a result, many a road announcer has complained about the Wizards' hard-to-read #s (the home crew do a better job, but they're also more likely to be able to recognize players by build and body type).

miami-heat-v-washington-wizards-20121204-191224-145.jpg

Of course, part of the problem is that the Wizards are *only* on local TV (except for the odd NBA TV game), and as such they're never broadcast using the higher-end TNT or ESPN/ABC cameras/production set up. If the Wizards were good enough to break into the Sunday afternoon oligarchy of teams, perhaps the high-res camers might render my complaints moot.

Anyway, I think the legibility could be fixed with either a wider font, or by eliminating the horizontal stripe on the back (as they used to do with the Bullets' original version of this style).

BaltimoreBulletsJerseys_display_image.jpg?1357910156

Archived