New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Yeah I had that in mind, maybe make the Vikings wordmark and nike logos on the jerseys gray too for good measure.

I wouldn't be apposed to purple on gray and white on purple (with proper white socks) being the defaults.

just because the dolphins have orange nike logos does not mean they are going to be getting orange pants any time soon

Not sure the point you're trying to make at all. I was just suggesting if they added gray pants it would be a nice touch to have the logos gray as well.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never claimed that though, it would be along with the facemask. :)

Looks good on the Giants imo. Gray's pretty neutral anyways.

I dunno I guess it's pretty pointless to talk about as it most likely won't happen, I've been on a gray pants kick lately though. I love the Giants and Seahawks gray pants with their blue jerseys.

Well the NFL shop is offering a new Limited jersey by Nike for the Vikings as part of their "Drenched" series. There is no black and no gray added, just all purple:

thumb_zps599020a6.jpg

A little surprised at all the same color purple seeing as the Lion's Drenched version uses 3 shades of blue to help differentiate the stripes and outlines.

And yes, I know this will never see the field. And no, I am not a fan of it, but I like it more than the all black versions they have rolled out in the past.

I wonder if its really the same purple or just looks that way. The Packers' version uses a couple shades of green, but it's a little hard to tell in these mockups:

FF_1453244ALT1_xl.jpg

I actually like these. I'd probably be about as likely to wear one of these as a regular jersey (which is to say not very likely, but still).

I wonder if its really the same purple or just looks that way. The Packers' version uses a couple shades of green, but it's a little hard to tell in these mockups:

FF_1453244ALT1_xl.jpg

I actually like these. I'd probably be about as likely to wear one of these as a regular jersey (which is to say not very likely, but still).

granted I probably haven't been paying attention in past years but this really feels like the moment that horrible nba fashion jerseys have now infected the nfl

Nah, the NFL has had things like this for years. Maybe a decade. Black jerseys, gray jerseys, alts in secondary or tertiary colors like gold for the Packers, Vikings and Chiefs. There was a troll who tried to put them up on Wikipedia as game jerseys because the teams sold "authentics" in fashion colors.

So no, these color-block jerseys are just a new verse in a song that's been around a while.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're a Vikings fan, why would you buy any other jersey besides AP or Jared Allen? Nobody else would feel too safe for me being on the team long term.

I'm looking at a #42 Jerome Felton jersey. Not because I feel safe that he isn't going anywhere, but because, A... I think having a jersey of a lunchpail kind of player is cool, B... it would be a bit of a ridiculous conversation piece, and (maybe most importantly), C... 42 looks nice in that weird new font.

I wonder why he didn't keep #5? Too much McNabb all over it?

I have no idea. He had to make a deal with Locke, the punter, to get it too. I dont get it

I believe it was his high school number. Maybe he didn't want to take #12 in Tampa because it was Doug Williams' number? Total speculation on my part.

qvAvG.jpg

If you're a Vikings fan, why would you buy any other jersey besides AP or Jared Allen? Nobody else would feel too safe for me being on the team long term.

You're absolutely correct. I have a purple Randall Cunningham jersey bought in 1999 just to prove there's no safe bet.

I wonder why he didn't keep #5? Too much McNabb all over it?

I have no idea. He had to make a deal with Locke, the punter, to get it too. I dont get it

I believe it was his high school number. Maybe he didn't want to take #12 in Tampa because it was Doug Williams' number? Total speculation on my part.

Yeah, I read that it was his HS number as well.

I'm looking at a #42 Jerome Felton jersey. Not because I feel safe that he isn't going anywhere, but because, A... I think having a jersey of a lunchpail kind of player is cool, B... it would be a bit of a ridiculous conversation piece, and (maybe most importantly), C... 42 looks nice in that weird new font.

Even Jared Allen is not a safe bet. I am a fan of the defensive side and wanted a Limited defensive jersey but all they had was Allen, which means it will probably be out of date by next year. Unfortunately, everyone else's jersey I want either has a 5 or a 2 on the end which looks bad. 52, 22, 95, 15, 82. Ultimately I got AP's because 1. he is a beast, 2. will be sticking around a while and 3. the number combo looks great!

But seriously, The only limited Jerseys were AP, Ponder and Allen!? At least add Greenway in there.

Alright, question for you all...

The NFL shop now offers to types of "Retired" jerseys. One is Pro Line that looks mimics the correct era of the player and the other is a Nike version (Elite and Game) that uses the retired player's name and number but use the current uni set.

Well, people seem to be up in arms about there being a new jersey with a former star's name and number on it. Now I guess I get it, if there is only the new style and not the old one, like there is for most teams, then I'd be a little mad. But personally, I have been thinking about custom ordering a new style Vikings jersey with Carter #80, just cuz I am a huge C. Carter fan and like the new uniform look.

Thoughts on what the NFL is offering?

Archived