New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Yeah "leotard" and "unitard" can't be taken literally, just like "monocrome" can't.

I think "leotard" can be used when pants and socks match, regardless of striping and jersey. It makes more sense in the Ravens (black), Browns (brown), and Saints (black), but still can be used colloquiallly here.

Same with monochrome. I think it's OK to use if just the jersey and pants match, though literally it would mean that the helmet, facemask, and socks also match.

Exactly. This is just our own internal geek-speak anyway, that we use as shorthand. When I want to say that I dislike the Saints' uniform when they wear black jerseys with black pants and black socks, I'm going to drop the term "monochrome", not "monochrome minus helmet" or "partial monochrome" or something equally awkward. Whenever a team wears matching dark pants and socks, I think "leotard" (for that matter, I don't particularly like the Jets' going white pants/white socks either... I always want to see a color contrast there)... and pants stripes are just another issue entirely. IMO dark football pants without stripes ALWAYS look stupid... the matching socks just compound the ugliness of the look.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wear that sock and use three different kinds of striping on one uniform? No thanks.

If I was in charge of the Vikings uniforms from here on out the sleeve stripes on the white jerseys would match the stripes on the white pants. If they wear the purple pants then they should wear socks with stripes that match the stripes on the white pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Those purple pants look amazing!

999993_10151834842522836_907674253_n.jpg

If only they wore an all white sock with a stripe or 2...damn leotard look!

A leotard look would be all purple with no stripes like Baltimore.

White socks for sure. Also, I think they need to follow the Chargers and have a darker yellow. The lighter yellow doesn't show up as well as it could.

White socks for sure. Also, I think they need to follow the Chargers and have a darker yellow. The lighter yellow doesn't show up as well as it could.

I noticed that too. That yellow sure doesn't pop very much on those unis. (at least on the white jersey)

Have the fonts for these been posted? Sorry If they have...new and trying to figure out the layout of these forums. I didn't see a search box and was debating searching through hundreds of pages to see if they had been posted.

3.11p-beamer-gif.gif

I noticed that too. That yellow sure doesn't pop very much on those unis. (at least on the white jersey)

That's exactly the point of why they made the move to the brighter yellow. The goal was to let the purple stand out more as yellow has always been a more tertiary color than a secondary color. Purple and white (as discussed on this thread earlier) has been the official colors. I think this brighter yellow does a much better job as a supporting color with the purple and white rather than competing with it.

Have the fonts for these been posted? Sorry If they have...new and trying to figure out the layout of these forums. I didn't see a search box and was debating searching through hundreds of pages to see if they had been posted.

Look in the Concepts section... "Fonts by Conrad"

(This thread is 125 pages? That's an amazingly long thread discussing the uniform change of just one team. Granted, I think about a third of the posts are me, alone :P )

Okay, after seeing them in action, I still really like them. The leotards are awful, but that's an easy fix.

I do still have a problem with the road jerseys.

adrian-peterson-78-yard-touchdown-minnes

Just like in heraldry, gold should never touch white. I'd rather they do something similar to the Steelers, and modify the sleeve stripes so they can use the same set for home and road.

And yes, this is also my single biggest complaint with the Packers' road uniforms.

Look in the Concepts section... "Fonts by Conrad"

(This thread is 125 pages? That's an amazingly long thread discussing the uniform change of just one team. Granted, I think about a third of the posts are me, alone :P )

Thank you, sir.

3.11p-beamer-gif.gif

Okay, after seeing them in action, I still really like them. The leotards are awful, but that's an easy fix.

I do still have a problem with the road jerseys.

adrian-peterson-78-yard-touchdown-minnes

Just like in heraldry, gold should never touch white. I'd rather they do something similar to the Steelers, and modify the sleeve stripes so they can use the same set for home and road.

I agree. From the stands that gold is invisible and then you're left with a white and purple uniform that for some reason has a big yellow stripe on the pants. The easy fix is to match the sleeve stripes on the white jerseys to the stripes on the white pants.

It's so obvious I can't believe they didn't do it to begin with.

It looks even worse when they go white on white and those two stripe sets battle each other.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's exactly the point of why they made the move to the brighter yellow. The goal was to let the purple stand out more as yellow has always been a more tertiary color than a secondary color. Purple and white (as discussed on this thread earlier) has been the official colors. I think this brighter yellow does a much better job as a supporting color with the purple and white rather than competing with it.

I don't know, it just looks washed out, pale, even "Easterish" to me.

Archived