New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't really like the white on white from the unveiling/players modeling them... But these look great, clean look.

Ideally they would split the white and purple pants four games each on the road. They probably won't though. I wonder whose decision it is to never wear the purple pants.. Wilf?

The Vikings Yearbook has an article in it about the new uniforms and it included a snippet that said the head coach has always chosen the pants color. It also went on to say how Childress did not like the purple pants but that Frazier does like them.

6812257506_f163afb409_c.jpg

Just like most people done like the dark mono-chrome look, I never liked the all white mono-chrome look. However, this set looks really, really good white on white. I think they balanced the supporting colors much better, compared to say, the dolphins who seem to have too much white.

With that said, I'd still like to see the purple pants as the main away, but I wont complain either way really.

I think the complaints about the helmets not matching the purple can be put to rest. It just works better outdoors.

I like the white on white look. I thought they were to wear purple pants since they practiced in them this week. Still, I like white on white and the balance of colors worked well

Go A's!

"Look at me, I'm oldschoolvikings and my team doesn't look ridiculous!"

:P

"Here he goes again!"

tempbills-2013-ap-1-017081613--nfl_mezz_

tempbills-2013-ap-1-013081613--nfl_mezz_

Change those numbers to a normal block font (or even the custom font sans...wing?) and this might be my favorite look in the league.

*vomits after having to admit that a division rival looks good*

Now that I see the set in action, I wish the white jersey's sleeve stripes more closely resembled the white pants' stripes. The yellow gets a bit lost.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just came to post that AD pic..

HNNNNGH

My god, these are gorgeous.

Has seeing these photos converted any of the last non-matte helmet people yet? ;)

It's a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut. Mattes are still routinely bad

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The thick stripe on the pants should really be in front. It looks very unbalanced.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just came to post that AD pic..

HNNNNGH

My god, these are gorgeous.

Has seeing these photos converted any of the last non-matte helmet people yet? ;)

It's a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut. Mattes are still routinely bad

I agree. I'm vaguely annoyed at myself for liking this helmet, because I try to be a consistent grumpy old man. I still dislike 4 out of 5 color matte helmets and 100% of black matte helmets. Black matte always looks like primer that they forgot to put the real paint over.

On TV the helmet and jersey colors seemed a little off, but it doesn't seem to be an issue in the photos.

temptex-ap-half-080913-010080913--nfl_me

I love how this pic shows the stripes on the shoulder and pants working together. When down at the line, they go the same angle quite nicely. It also shows how the striping on the shoulder is actually asymmetrical like the pants. It would work even better if the white stripe covered the whole top of the shoulder, then both the shoulder and the pants would be:

Wide White

Thin Purple

Yellow

Wide Purple.

Everyone follow... or did you lose you with that one?

Great pic. Those stripes really work. Personally, I think Minnesota should go purple on white (home) and white on purple (away) for the entire season. The Vikes might be the best in class for new uniforms introduced this season.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived