New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

This set is so close to bringing me back to being a Vikings fan, but I just can't get over the serif/sans-serif number set and how the stripes on the sleves go up in the back. One of those "cool idea, just doesn't execute well" type things for me. I absolutely love the pants stripe and think its one of the best in pro football. I'm glad they got rid of the yellow number outline, too. Wish they would've kept the old numbers and just removed the outline.

You choose not to root for a team because of their uniforms?

Oh, I definitly have. At least if it's a team I'm neutral about, and they change to a look I hate, I find myself rooting against them. Or the reverse, if a team I don't really have an opinion about one way or the other rebrands into a nice look, I find myself cheering for them a bit more. I bet that's a fairly common thing in this particular on-line community.

As an example, when I was a kid, even though I was a Viking fan first, I always had a soft spot for the Seattle Seahawks, solely because of their awesome initial color scheme of royal blue and kelly green, and that great helmet logo. But in last year's playoffs, I found myself wanting them knocked out as soon as possible, just based on how much I disliked their current monochrome mess. I can think of other examples, too. I used to kinda like the brown and gold/orange Padres, now the team could completely disappear and I wouldn't notice.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's photoshopped football card, but an idea of what an all purple look would look like

BPoq4lYCMAIbwf6.png

No.

No, no, no, no.

Don't make me fly these and burn those pants.

As Ice Cap said (I think it was Ice Cap) "This is why we can't have nice things."

Yep. Sure, purple pants look great with the white jerseys but there's no garuntee they won't go monochrome. So unfortunately it's better not to have them.

http://bleacherrepor...ms-on-madden-25

Video of these guys in uniform. Vikings numbers are wrong. Classic EA. (but in truth, the number looks better without the serif)

I understand why they don't have serifs in the video game...I think it was rationalized in the NFL uniform thread that it would be too much work to have the serifs on one side but not the other in the game, as essentially the code for jersey numbers would have to draw from two different font files for one complete number.

The thing that bothers me is the purple looks way too light in that clip.

And as an aside, the Dolphins' white/aqua/white looks pretty good. That uniform is growing on me.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Video of these guys in uniform. Vikings numbers are wrong. Classic EA. (but in truth, the number looks better without the serif)

I understand why they don't have serifs in the video game...I think it was rationalized in the NFL uniform thread that it would be too much work to have the serifs on one side but not the other in the game, as essentially the code for jersey numbers would have to draw from two different font files for one complete number.

And as an aside, the Dolphins' white/aqua/white looks pretty good. That uniform is growing on me.

They did give the dophins all white socks though. aren't their socks for the white pants aqua?

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

They did give the dophins all white socks though. aren't their socks for the white pants aqua?

Yep. There's a second pair of Aqua socks with Blue tops to be worn with the Aqua pants.

I did not realize anyone still wore that style. I miss that style being prevalent.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived