New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

"Look at me, I'm oldschoolvikings and my team doesn't look ridiculous!"

:P

Yeah, I'm a bit out of control.

Man I wish I knew what it felt like to have your team look good like the Vikings do now.

Oh wait, I've been a Packer fan since birth, which means this great look Vikings fans are going gaga over is still not as good as our :P

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of us (Bengals fans) aren't so fortunate.

No kidding. Back when they had nice unis, the team sucked. Now, we can watch a competitive team, and their unis suck.

Man I wish I knew what it felt like to have your team look good like the Vikings do now.

Oh wait, I've been a Packer fan since birth, which means this great look Vikings fans are going gaga over is still not as good as our :P

Meh, call me when they restore the bottom two stripes to the sleeves.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

With today's uniform cuts? No way the thin version is a lot better, but in all honesty the thiner looks better anyways

With today's uniform cuts? No way the thin version is a lot better, but in all honesty the thiner looks better anyways

No way does what the Packers wear now look better than this.

2003_thanksgiving_Walker.jpg

No way does what the Packers wear now look better than this.

2003_thanksgiving_Walker.jpg

Those sleeve stripes don't go with anything on that uniform. The uniform looks good I'm not saying it doesn't but I do not believe it looks better than this beauty

aaron-rodgers-7.jpg?w=499

Though I do love those retro socks

Also, on the Monday Morning Mailbag featured on vikings.com Mike Wobschall addresses a question about the helmet not matching the rest of the uniform:

Why are the helmets a different color than the uniforms?
-- Danica

The vast majority of feedback I’ve received from fans regarding the new uniforms has been positive. People love the old-school look blended with Nike’s style, the black facemask and the matte finish on the helmets. But I have received several emails from fans about the color of the helmet and the uniforms not matching. In person, I can tell you there is almost no difference in the color, and my observation based on watching Friday’s broadcast in the press box is that different types of televisions can distort the true color of the helmets/uniforms and can actually accentuate any negligible difference in the appearance. It’ll be interesting to see what the combination looks like together this Friday when the television will display an outdoor night game in Buffalo and then the following week when the game will begin at sunset in San Francisco. Also, remember that the uniforms are fabric and the helmets are a hard surface, so it’s unlikely you’re going to get two separate objects such as those to be the exact same color, especially when the hard object (helmets) has the matte finish.

This probably is not a surprise to most of us, as we all note that indoors is the worst place for colors like blue and purple when photographed or captured on video. This should all be fixed with TFC Stadium and the new dome.

Peterson has always worn the most pads he can, and has always said everyone should wear them

Yes. I guess my statement was more commentary on the ridiculously tiny knee pads players are wearing because they have to while the MVP is just fine wearing his normal ones with no problems.

I thought the purple pants might be overkill but in actuality, I think they make the uniform.

At first the matte helmet was a little distracting as it didn't look to match the rest of the uniform, but now I don't notice it so much.

The purple on purple isn't too bad. I actually wouldn't mind it as a once a year, primetime game type of thing.

Nothing more than that though.

I've never understood when teams have this reasoning.

In the biggest games, with the prime time lights shining down and the national audience tuning in, why wouldn't you wear your absolute best look? Why dilute your great opportunity to show off with something that isn't good enough for you to wear every other game?

The purple on purple isn't too bad. I actually wouldn't mind it as a once a year, primetime game type of thing.

Nothing more than that though.

I'd like to see White on Purple and Purple on White...100%. No all-white, no mono purple.

Nothing wrong with just two looks.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived