New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

Looking at the Vikings new white jerseys, I can't help but wonder why they didn't make the striping on the sleeves purple - gold - purple, instead of purple - white - gold. I would think this would make the boat design pop a little bit more, and would be more consistent with the striping on the white pants.

I apologize if this has already been suggested in this forum before, and I also apologize for not being able to demonstrate this concept / suggested tweak graphically.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just like that, the NFC North becomes the best looking division in football. Hands down.

Disagree... Nfc south gets that title.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

Cant wait to get back to football tonight and see those new uniforms in action. Even more, I cant wait to see those purple uniforms in the daylight soon instead of the color-altering lights of the Metrodome (hate calling it Mall of America Field). Really have been digging how all the purple looks at practice.

And for the record, yes, I know they didn't change hue of the purple.

Just watched some clips on nfl.com. they were curious why the helmet doesnt match the uniform. I am curious too... Not a huge fan.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

Someone forgot to order the Texans' red socks again this season, I see.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On TV the helmet and jersey colors seemed a little off, but it doesn't seem to be an issue in the photos.

The materials respond differently to different conditions, be it a video camera under artificial light, a video camera under sunlight, a still camera under artificial light, a still camera under sunlight, or your very own natural peepers in person. You can get the jersey and helmet to match under some of these variables, but not all.

Purple as a color on its own exacerbates this problem, so the Vikings are in a bit of a bind.

Vikes are definitely an upgrade but for all the hype, the matte helmet adds exactly nothing to the overall look. In fact they might look better with a regular helmet.

That's my thoughts as well. Not a fan of the purple matte or the black facemasks. Also don't like the should wings (how the white goes up in the back). But for the pants, absolutely love them. I love the stripe. I'm glad they got rid of the gold outline on the numbers, too. Overall, better than their last set. But there are too many little things with this new set that bug me.

On TV the helmet and jersey colors seemed a little off, but it doesn't seem to be an issue in the photos.

The materials respond differently to different conditions, be it a video camera under artificial light, a video camera under sunlight, a still camera under artificial light, a still camera under sunlight, or your very own natural peepers in person. You can get the jersey and helmet to match under some of these variables, but not all.

Purple as a color on its own exacerbates this problem, so the Vikings are in a bit of a bind.

And screens. Those pictures match on my computer and look red-violet-ish on my phone. I know it's hard to match purple, but the previous helmet never seemed off to me.

And is it me or do matte helmets make players look like they have giant heads? Probably just me.

Archived