New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From everything I understand, we should see the Matte Purple pants at least once if not twice a season. I'd guess in non-conference AFC tilts, since Leslie seems like the type of coach who takes divisional rivalries very seriously and wants to look as traditional as possible in such matchups. But its the HC's call, and they have been practicing in them periodically so you should expect them to be seen at least once.

Regarding the first in-game: Man...they look AMAZING in still life. If you follow vikingsphotog on instagram, the official Vikings photographer, i'm not sure if its him adjusting values in post, but it makes the helmet and the sheen of the numbers look amazing together. I think this year under the metrodome lights may betray the true color values. I can only assume they tried to design the current uniforms under the conditions they'll be playing in the future.

Just speculating. But they seem to look MUCH better in natural lighting.

Here's a look at how the sleeve stripe terminates in the back on a QB jersey.

USATSI_7385283_gallery_post.jpg

Has anybody seen how this works on the for-sale versions? Does the stripe ride this high? In the pics of the cheapies (game, I think?) the stripe seems much lower. Has anybody seen one of the more expensive versions? Pictures?

I bought the $135 version, the stitched one. The white stripe (on purple jersey) terminates a bit weird because it wraps around, and of course it starts out smaller than it ends, to it looks a bit funky. I'll try get a picture tonight.

Yeah I wanted to pick up one of those, but wanted to see how that wrap around looked. I dont know why they put the stripes at the bottom of the sleeve. I mean, last year they were able to make the funky swoop, side panel and piping, You'd think they'd be able to put the stripes where they actually go, on the shoulder, not the bottom of the sleeve. I almost want to hold off a year to see if they fix this for next year, but I want one of those new ones so bad.

And just because, how the purple looks outdoors at night...

tempbills-2013-andy-2-011081613--nfl_mez

Two things from that picture:

1) The white jersey definitely needs yellow outlines.

2) The yellow stripe on that player looks like old gold, due to the jersey fabric Nike stupidly uses for the stripes. Those pants look like something the Washington Huskies should wear.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

And just because, how the purple looks outdoors at night...

tempbills-2013-andy-2-011081613--nfl_mez

Two things from that picture:

1) The white jersey definitely needs yellow outlines.

2) The yellow stripe on that player looks like old gold, due to the jersey fabric Nike stupidly uses for the stripes. Those pants look like something the Washington Huskies should wear.

I'll go ahead and disagree to both of those statements.

2006:

72126957_crop_650x440.jpg?1291146030

2013:

tempbills-2013-andy-1-010081613--nfl_mez

This has showed me how awful both those previous sets were

I changed the photo so there is a more comparable view.

And yes... 2013 is still a vast improvement, lol.

proof you can do it right!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

The stripes on the sleeves look better higher. This is one reason I will not buy a jersey. If they change the stripe higher like they are on Cassel's jersey above next year I will buy one. I almost want to have tailored to match the game format.

Nike????

I agree. These are designed for the sleeveless jerseys of today and just look silly on these long-sleeved fan jerseys. They should just put them at the top and let the white (or purple) cover the bottom 2/3 of the sleeve.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The stripes on the sleeves look better higher. This is one reason I will not buy a jersey. If they change the stripe higher like they are on Cassel's jersey above next year I will buy one. I almost want to have tailored to match the game format.

Nike????

All of the nike replicas that have the sleeve stripes on the lower portion of the sleeve while the on field QB/K/non cuffed sleeves default to the higher position of the more common cuffed/cap sleeve cuts. Romos initial long sleeve jersey had this problem last year in the early preseason and it didn't look good with the stripes up high and so much white material below the stripes, he then sported a new jersey with the 2 blue stripes placed lower for the rest of the season.

I think if you're inclined to hold out for different placement you may have to wait until the nike contract expires. Maybe you can find a tailer who can help you modify the sleeves to the old field specs if you're feeling up for it.

Archived