Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

That's a pretty clever idea on its surface, but now we're getting into the Bobcats pretending they're the Hornets pretending they're the Bulls and in the words of a great song on a bad album, it's all too much.

The bulls never had the jump man logo, that is specifically a Jordan brand thing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty clever idea on its surface, but now we're getting into the Bobcats pretending they're the Hornets pretending they're the Bulls and in the words of a great song on a bad album, it's all too much.

Sufjan Stevens?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sufjan Stevens?

George Harrison off Yellow Submarine, half of which is utter crap beyond crap and even the real half still has "Yellow Submarine" on it.

Hey, I've always been meaning to ask you, which Philadelphia-based novelty band do you like better: the Bloodhound Gang or the Dead Milkmen?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The bulls never had the jump man logo, that is specifically a Jordan brand thing.
It was on at least one guy's shoes throughout a lengthy Bulls career. Most of the early apparel was in black, red and white. The logo itself is of a Bull dunking. And that was all before the Jordan "brand" existed. It was a Nike shoe logo first.

So no, it was never an official Bulls logo, but to suggest that it was never associated with that team and is simply a vanity brand logo is off-target.

That said, it would make more sense for Charlotte than Oregon.

It was on at least one guys shoes throughout a lengthy Bulls career. Most of the early apparel was in black, red and white. The logo itself is of a Bull dunking. And that was all before the Jordan "brand" existed. It was a Nike shoe logo first.

So no, it was never an official Bulls logo, but to suggest that it was never associated with that team and is simply a vanity brand logo is off-target.

what is this dunking bull you speak of?..surely it's not the jumpman which is a jordan silhouette that first appeared on the aj3...before that the aj logo was a basketball with wings.

not sure what unofficial logo you are associating with the team...the only thing that I can think of as being close is that during their crazy run with Rodman and Kukoc basically everyone on the team wore aj's except for #91 who was sponsored by cons.

not sure what unofficial logo you are associating with the team...the only thing that I can think of as being close is that during their crazy run with Rodman and Kukoc basically everyone on the team wore aj's except for #91 who was sponsored by cons.

I don't remember everyone wearing Jordans other than Rodman. Off the top of my head, Randy Brown used to. Most guys wore Nike, though. Pippen had his own signature Nike shoes, at least from 97 on. By the way, Pippen's shoes were freaking awesome.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't remember everyone wearing Jordans other than Rodman. Off the top of my head, Randy Brown used to. Most guys wore Nike, though. Pippen had his own signature Nike shoes, at least from 97 on. By the way, Pippen's shoes were freaking awesome.

that's why I said basically everyone as opposed to everyone going off of memory...also I seem to remember that pippen wore jordans before the pip's came out

I'm pretty sure Pippen switched shoes often midseason. I remember him wearing Jordans at times, but I don't think he wore them regularly. I could be wrong.

On a related note, I just thought of the time when Pippen wore gold shoes in the 1994 All-Star Game and won MVP. His gold shoes were a huge news story locally. Nowadays, gold shoes at the All Star game wouldn't even get a one-line mention in a the paper.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It was on at least one guys shoes throughout a lengthy Bulls career. Most of the early apparel was in black, red and white. The logo itself is of a Bull dunking. And that was all before the Jordan "brand" existed. It was a Nike shoe logo first.

what is this dunking bull you speak of?..surely it's not the jumpman which is a jordan silhouette...

That was what he was referring to. Jordan played for the Bulls, hence he was a Bull.

Bobcats have stated that they have broke franchise merchandise sales records with the roll out of the new Hornets gear. Saturday night they doubled the previous record. Monday's game was in the top 3 sales days in franchise history. The top 3 sales days have related to the roll out of the Hornets. The Buzz City and retro gear for the logo debut night is the other in the top 3 days in merchandise. Also Sunday a day the Cats had no game sold more merchandise than some games have. Also merchandise should be hitting stores any day. Team store had exclusive rights to sell the new merchandise for the first 3 days. Impressive...

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

Bobcats have stated that they have broke franchise merchandise sales records with the roll out of the new Hornets gear. Saturday night they doubled the previous record. Monday's game was in the top 3 sales days in franchise history. The top 3 sales days have related to the roll out of the Hornets. The Buzz City and retro gear for the logo debut night is the other in the top 3 days in merchandise. Also Sunday a day the Cats had no game sold more merchandise than some games have. Also merchandise should be hitting stores any day. Team store had exclusive rights to sell the new merchandise for the first 3 days. Impressive...

I was at the team store Tuesday and bought a Hornets t-shirt with one of the new logos. Lot of good stuff at the team store, with more to come in the near future, I'm sure. The retro stuff looks really good, too.

Sufjan Stevens?
George Harrison off Yellow Submarine, half of which is utter crap beyond crap and even the real half still has "Yellow Submarine" on it.Hey, I've always been meaning to ask you, which Philadelphia-based novelty band do you like better: the Bloodhound Gang or the Dead Milkmen?

Bloodhound Gang - but only for two reasons.

1. In my formative days, they were closer to my age and were from the burbs like me at the time. It wasn't odd seeing Jimmy Pop at the King of Prussia Mall buying sneakers.

2. "You're pretty when I'm drunk" was the penultimate song played at nearly every college party I attended. Next's "step back you're dancing kinda close" was the panty dropper.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Haha, I didn't realize that song was about a socially inappropriate boner until years later. I loved the eiffel-65 remix of "The Bad Touch" in middle school, but nothing will ever compare to "Stuart." I've quoted it a couple times on this board. I don't think anyone got it. :(

To steer this back on topic, if these Charlotte Hornets are for real, they'll play lots of '90s R&B/hip-hop at games. I want some Skee-Lo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sufjan Stevens?
George Harrison off Yellow Submarine, half of which is utter crap beyond crap and even the real half still has "Yellow Submarine" on it.Hey, I've always been meaning to ask you, which Philadelphia-based novelty band do you like better: the Bloodhound Gang or the Dead Milkmen?

Bloodhound Gang - but only for two reasons.

1. In my formative days, they were closer to my age and were from the burbs like me at the time. It wasn't odd seeing Jimmy Pop at the King of Prussia Mall buying sneakers.

2. "You're pretty when I'm drunk" was the penultimate song played at nearly every college party I attended. Next's "step back you're dancing kinda close" was the panty dropper.

Jeez, you were in College at that time? I was like... 10 or something. I feel old now...I'm sure you feel older... but damm...

Also yes, the song is apparently about getting an erection.

I'm 23.

bSLCtu2.png

To steer this back on topic, if these Charlotte Hornets are for real, they'll play lots of '90s R&B/hip-hop at games. I want some Skee-Lo.

Appropriate, since fans will be wishing the ex-Bobcats were a little bit taller... and wishing they were ballers.

They'll likely have a team that looks good -- I can't call it.

But you can't put a Hornet on a hat and jersey's back... and think that'll solve it.

Archived