Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the Hugo logo, but they've made it a tertiary or even quaternary logo, which I don't understand. I mean, if you're going to bring back the Hornets, do it right, with some silly anthropomorphic bug playing basketball. Come on.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Theres an awful lot of Charlotte Hornets history on hornets.com. I wonder if during the press conference tomorrow they will announce that the history comes back to charlotte?

It seems to me that they are retaining the Charlotte Hornets history but not the New Orleans Hornets. No pics or anything on the main page about N.O.H. All C.H.

GO NETS.

Good to see, although the new logo still feels a bit "off" to me.

Oh, the total package blows. But at least the name and colors are back.

You gonna cry?

People should hold off on the crying until the uni's are unveiled. I feel like it could go either way. However, after the last "Cats" set, I'm prepared for anything.

GO NETS.

Theres an awful lot of Charlotte Hornets history on hornets.com. I wonder if during the press conference tomorrow they will announce that the history comes back to charlotte?

It seems to me that they are retaining the Charlotte Hornets history but not the New Orleans Hornets. No pics or anything on the main page about N.O.H. All C.H.

edit: Nevermind this is the Cleveland Browns deal.

PvO6ZWJ.png

10299953_781155085248138_491941223113444

Image making rounds.

Note the bottom ;)

OH CHRIST ON A CRACKER.

Anything to get people to forget that Michael Jordan has no friggin' clue how to build a winning basketball organization I guess...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good to see, although the new logo still feels a bit "off" to me.

Oh, the total package blows. But at least the name and colors are back.

You gonna cry?

Absolutely, my good sir. I am clearly going to cry because the Hornets' new identity is an amalgamation of bad '10s design trends. I can't handle it; it's just too many logos for me to take.Your post was insightful, and you're truly a revelation to this board.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No, the press release says they own it. So the franchise goes 1988-present with a two-year lacuna and ten years of being called the Bobcats. Some mess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

We'll all be dead before the Hornets Mistaken win as many playoff games as the Hornets Departed.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I get it, the new "Hornets" are not the OLD "Hornets". But the history of basketball in Charlotte deserves to stay there.

Anyone who thinks the old Hornets history belongs with the Pelicans has their priorities out of whack.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

it is one thing for fans to put the two histories together, but the for the league to go back and pretend that one team is NOW the other is wrong. the NBA in 2002 should have done the "Cleveland Browns deal" if they wanted to do this.

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

Archived