Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The design of the uniforms - and the inconsistancy - was definitly an issue for the team. But i think it was a strong bold move to have orange as a primary road color. Unique and if the team was good and got a little following i wouldnt have been surprised if it hung around for much longer. But i feel they wimped out and when for that bland slate navy/grey and pinstrpes and it just became a washy mess.

Looking forwad to teal and purple, not that i was ever a big fan but i like seeing unique color schemes insted of red, blue, navy etc.

I know I'm in the minority (don't hate me Sterling) but I actually think the pinstripe jerseys were their best set, except for the collars. I hate the incomplete collar look, the jerseys just looked incomplete to me because of that. No doubt though, they are better off with the hornets identity. The name "Cats" is better suited for the WNBA.

GO NETS.

The Bobcats are now officially the Hornets. Just not on the internet for some reason. I accidentally called my ticket rep today. When I realized I made the call I hung up before I thought it rang. Apparently it did. When he called back he said it was the Charlotte Hornets calling and he had a call from my number. I explained to him who I was and what happened. I then asked him when everything officially changed to the Hornets. He said as of today they are now officially the Hornets. I asked when the website etc would change and he said he wasn't sure about that.

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

The Bobcats are now officially the Hornets. Just not on the internet for some reason. I accidentally called my ticket rep today. When I realized I made the call I hung up before I thought it rang. Apparently it did. When he called back he said it was the Charlotte Hornets calling and he had a call from my number. I explained to him who I was and what happened. I then asked him when everything officially changed to the Hornets. He said as of today they are now officially the Hornets. I asked when the website etc would change and he said he wasn't sure about that.

The NBA doesn't recognize any changes until the season has concluded, just as they keep logo changes off NBA.com until the new league year begins, I believe the week before the draft.

The team can call themselves whatever they want, but they are still the Bobcats as far as the league is concerned.

R.I.P. Bobcats.

Your generic, "movie team" look and feel will thankfully soon be forgotten.

Maybe if this was the ONLY team Charlotte ever had, it would be ok.

But there's just too much history and fanfare with the Hornets brand. At the very least, many people are getting what they want with the Hornets returning. I guess it's too bad the Jazz "returning" to New Orleans wont be happening.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

R.I.P. Bobcats.

Your generic, "movie team" look and feel will thankfully soon be forgotten. Well at least until your jerseys start showing up on hipsters at Coachella in a few years.

TBH, their inaugural orange uniforms weren't really generic at all and looked great.

But yes, it's great to have the Hornets back in their rightful location.

Once the orange uniforms went, there was no reason to keep the identity. But IMO the orange was great - the satiny reddish orange was unique, different from the brighter and flatter orange that other teams have used. There certainly is a dearth of orange in pro sports, isn't there? Even the Dolphins use an accent is almost gone.

Can we get a colour check from ColorWerx?

How similar is the original Bobcats red-orange to the Marlins current red-orange?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

v32vS40.pngBobcats

aj1DK9W.pngMarlins

^ Yep...equal. In terms of printing anyway.

However, we can take this one step further, and compare textile/fabric colors:

Bobcats:

PTX_17-1563_TCX_SRGB.png

Marlins:

PTX_17-1562_TCX_SRGB.png

Oh - and the OKC Thunder use that top one. "Cherry Tomato".

Hornets_Spotlight_Signal_2j.png

You know spot lights only work like that in cartoons right, in real life there is nothing to project the image on to like that, except for a cloud maybe

Would love to see a spotlight like this in downtown Charlotte for Hornets games next year.

I got an email from the Bobcats this morning advertising Bobcats gear for mothers day. This leads me to believe that they will not rebrand until after the finals. Which is different then what NOLA did. I assume the NBA is making them hold off since they were in the playoffs.

ts3iF7l.jpg?1

.:Braves...Panthers...Catamounts:.

Hornets_Spotlight_Signal_2j.png

You know spot lights only work like that in cartoons right, in real life there is nothing to project the image on to like that, except for a cloud maybe

Would love to see a spotlight like this in downtown Charlotte for Hornets games next year.

And the cloud would have to be about 100 feet from the spotlight to have a discernable image.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

http://instagram.com/p/nx5aaOrwJb/

According to the Bobcats Instagram. "The transformation on the practice court has begun. Charlotte Hornets here we come!"

Its an image of them removing the paint of the Bobcats practice court. (Cant post the image for nothing)

***bonus pics from bobcats.com***

140430_comingsoon_main.jpg

140428_hornets_tix_main.jpg

This would be cool as hell on a road jersey!

playoff_renewal_phase3_mw.jpg

wouldnt this be interesting if possible jersey design?? or just cool graphic?!

shado_logo.gif

Archived