Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

New hornets jersey concept I designed.. leave me some feedback on my blog (link below) or go to www.notsoballinmike.com Also, if you wan the high-res image it is posted to my blog as well.

http://notsoballinmike.com/2014/02/02/new-hornets-jersey-concepts-will-make-you-wet/

http://wp.me/p4kfNI-f

buzzcity-pw.jpg

The purple looks a bit off, may need to swing by Ace Hardware to find that perfect shade...

soulpaint_commercial_sm.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To steer this back on topic, if these Charlotte Hornets are for real, they'll play lots of '90s R&B/hip-hop at games. I want some Skee-Lo

Appropriate, since fans will be wishing the ex-Bobcats were a little bit taller... and wishing they were ballers.

They'll likely have a team that looks good -- I can't call it.

But you can't put a Hornet on a hat and jersey's back... and think that'll solve it.

With today's gas prices, having a hatchback won't get you laughed at.

• 2 months later...

I went to the final game. It was a weird atmosphere. The crowd was definitely behind them, but toward the end, it was almost like a "mercy kill" situation. Stop dragging it out and get it over with.

As far as the team shop goes, only about 15% of the stuff in the entire store said "Bobcats" ... the rest of the stuff was either Jordan brand or Hornets. All of the Bobcats gear (except the 2014 playoff tees) was on 50% off clearance. There was a kiosk with buckets of autographed merch, Kemba Walker mini basketballs for $10, full size balls of just about everyone under the sun for $20-30.

I'm also wondering when the official switch will take place and the Bobcats will officially cease to be.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

R.I.P. Bobcats.

Your generic, "movie team" look and feel will thankfully soon be forgotten. Well at least until your jerseys start showing up on hipsters at Coachella in a few years.

TBH, their inaugural orange uniforms weren't really generic at all and looked great.

But yes, it's great to have the Hornets back in their rightful location.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The design of the uniforms - and the inconsistancy - was definitly an issue for the team. But i think it was a strong bold move to have orange as a primary road color. Unique and if the team was good and got a little following i wouldnt have been surprised if it hung around for much longer. But i feel they wimped out and when for that bland slate navy/grey and pinstrpes and it just became a washy mess.

Looking forwad to teal and purple, not that i was ever a big fan but i like seeing unique color schemes insted of red, blue, navy etc.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived