Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two fan blogs are reading the tea leaves of all this and coming to the conclusion that the team has decided to change its nickname back to the Charlotte Hornets

Can't "change back" to something that never was. Minor point of order there.
omg they used to be the hornets lol you're dumb
Your next concept had better show a 10,000% improvement dude, because I'm going weapons free on the criticism.
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Two fan blogs are reading the tea leaves of all this and coming to the conclusion that the team has decided to change its nickname back to the Charlotte Hornets

Your next concept had better show a 10,000% improvement dude, because I'm going weapons free on the criticism.
Roff lmao!^^^^^^^^^
shado_logo.gif

Roff lmao!^^^^^^^^^

At least he used the correct version of your/you're. :lol:

The public school system must really be pushing grammar amongst the 10-12 age demographic.

Anyone think the unis will leak very soon?

no sooner than June16. Conrad already posted the wordmarks and the pinstripe colors. Pretty much about it. I'm sure leaks are on a schedule to come out. (thats a joke) The info has been coming so just keep your eyes peeled.

shado_logo.gif

I dont think they will leak, Charlotte was very good about keeping the logos secret until they were unveiled and that should be the case for the jerseys too.

Who knows, though? The Vikings did a pretty good job with their slow unveiling and then the Jags (or was it the Dolphins) unveiling unwittingly leaked them anyway...these things seem to have a way of getting out.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't want to enter the history revision discussion. However, from enforcing the brand point of view they should use induction of Zo into the HoF as an excuse to retire his number at the beginning of the season.

I don't want to enter the history revision discussion. However, from enforcing the brand point of view they should use induction of Zo into the HoF as an excuse to retire his number at the beginning of the season.

Zo isn't very liked around Charlotte. He said a lot of crap about the team after he was traded and has always aligned himself with Miami. Muggsy, LJ, Gill, Curry, etc are far more like around here.

Shinn is easily one of the worst owners in sports history. He got rid of Zo, Gill, etc because he didn't want to pay them. Unfortunately the one guy he did pay, LJ, hurt his back the next season and was never the same.

Just imagine how good Charlotte could've been had a few things shook out differently.

Kobe Bryant

Larry Johnson

Alonzo Mourning

That would've been a nasty team in the late 90s.

MJ won't let the uniforms leak before the 19th unveiling. He kept the logo under wraps. Nobody had any idea what it was gonna be.

Except Kobe would have never played for the Hornets.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Really. That trade wasn't exactly optional.

Is Alonzo mourning a HOFer? Really? I'm not a bball expert, but really?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really. That trade wasn't exactly optional.

I think he's better than his Hall of Fame classmate (?) Mitch Richmond.

PvO6ZWJ.png

He was a very solid center for his size back then, who unfortunately spent his whole career in the East, where there was always at least one team better than his until the end. He's fringe HOF material.

There comes a time in a Hall of Fame when you start to run out of surefire inclusions and have to start stretching a bit. That's why I hate the yearly inductions. Induct players because they deserve it, not because it's that time again and you have a quota to fill.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

He was a very solid center for his size back then, who unfortunately spent his whole career in the East, where there was always at least one team better than his until the end. He's fringe HOF material.

There comes a time in a Hall of Fame when you start to run out of surefire inclusions and have to start stretching a bit. That's why I hate the yearly inductions. Induct players because they deserve it, not because it's that time again and you have a quota to fill.

Wow both of you guys are tough critics. Mourning was top 5 center consistently for almost his entire career when big men were many. Shaq, Olajuwon, Robinson,Ewing Zo,Mutombo, Smits..etc. He overcame a big health scare and still played at a high level enough to win a ring. Nuff said.

Now as for yearly inductions,its the right thing to do. Not everyone retires at the same time.

shado_logo.gif

Wow both of you guys are tough critics. Mourning was top 5 center consistently for almost his entire career when big men were many. Shaq, Olajuwon, Robinson,Ewing Zo,Mutombo, Smits..etc. He overcame a big health scare and still played at a high level enough to win a ring. Nuff said.

Now as for yearly inductions,its the right thing to do. Not everyone retires at the same time.

I don't think Mourning's contributions coming off the bench were critical to the Heat's win.

Today, we are all otaku.

I don't think Mourning's contributions coming off the bench were critical to the Heat's win.

Mourning played an important role in the 2006 playoffs. His defense was key.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hence the reason I said what if. Charlotte didn't even have interest in keeping Kobe in the first place. They drafted him to get Divac, otherwise they would've drafted someone else. Kobe has stated that while he did tell the team he had no interest in playing here his threats that he would sit out or go overseas were bluffs. He would've played here.

He also said if he had went to college he would've "without question" went to UNC. That one reallyyyy pissed off all the Duke fans around here, who constantly mention how much Kobe loves and praises coach K and that he would've loved playing for him in college. But, when directly asked where he would've attended college he said "I still have the recruitment letter Dean Smith sent me. I mean, come on, he's :censored:ing Dean Smith. I would've been a Tar Heel."

About two years ago Kobe himself said he would have gladly played in Charlotte and that all the rumors that he and his agent would only sign in LA were completely false.

He also said if he had went to college he would've "without question" went to UNC. That one reallyyyy pissed off all the Duke fans around here, who constantly mention how much Kobe loves and praises coach K and that he would've loved playing for him in college. But, when directly asked where he would've attended college he said "I still have the recruitment letter Dean Smith sent me. I mean, come on, he's :censored:ing Dean Smith. I would've been a Tar Heel."

Archived