Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

Would sublimated honeycombs on the entire floor be allowed? If done right, I think it could be perfect. Honeycomb in just the floor paint would be nice too though.

It would depend. The NBA made the Hornets tone down their floor designs back in the 90s, first by removing the honeycomb pattern in the key and finally getting rid of the painted 3-point area - apparently it made opposing players too difficult to see... The other teams with similar floor treatments also fell foul of this "rule" that Stern pulled out of his arse.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know how similar practice courts' designs are to the actual playing floor in the arena?

Can we assume that the final product in TWC will be identical to what's in the Hornets' practice facility?

For what it's worth, the Bobcats practice court last year was tame.(all natural wood with logos I believe) The arena court will probably be different.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I can CONFIRM that the new practice court has the following features:

- purple keys

- teal sidelines/baselines

- teal 3-point line

- this logo at center court

- "Hornets" on at least the left baseline (I couldn't see the right)

I'll try to get a picture later today.

You mean this?

Hornets_zps1ee80eab.jpg

Mehh. Not my taste. I don't like it. I'm not exactly sure with the baseline though.

As mentioned above, the fact that it's very asymmetrical makes it look very weird, and a forward facing angle would make it look even worse.

The primary is a perfect logo to place at the midline. That secondary is not. Maybe put two of them at each side of the end courts opposing each-other connecting at the wing?

Does anybody know how similar practice courts' designs are to the actual playing floor in the arena?

Can we assume that the final product in TWC will be identical to what's in the Hornets' practice facility?

I think the Bobcats practice court and game court were exactly the same last year as far as logo placing. The only difference was that the game court had light blue sidelines and baselines, and the practice court just had the wood baselines/sidelines. Same wordmarks for both though.

The ass is a basketball on all of them. History and naming arguments aside, the new Hornets logos aren't all that great.

I agree with you on this point. I was disappointed by the new logo package.

The new Hugo logo looks okay. They didn't need four more (?) in addition to this

charlotte-hornets-logo-31.jpg?w=600&h=50

PvO6ZWJ.png

Would sublimated honeycombs on the entire floor be allowed? If done right, I think it could be perfect. Honeycomb in just the floor paint would be nice too though.

It would depend. The NBA made the Hornets tone down their floor designs back in the 90s, first by removing the honeycomb pattern in the key and finally getting rid of the painted 3-point area - apparently it made opposing players too difficult to see... The other teams with similar floor treatments also fell foul of this "rule" that Stern pulled out of his arse.

If I'm understanding what you mean by "sublimated" correctly, then they could probably do something similar to the herringbone pattern that the Nets use, only with honeycombs instead. As long as the stains weren't too contrasting, I can't imagine it'd be an issue. That being said, I'd have to see it, because it sounds like it'd be pretty garish to have that over the entire floor.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The ass is a basketball on all of them. History and naming arguments aside, the new Hornets logos aren't all that great.

The new Hugo logo looks okay. They didn't need four more (?) in addition to this

I was always disappointed that this ^ wasn't the primary. It's awesome. The aggressive and serious hornet logos are kinda lame and generic. They're not BAD but it's like why stash an awesome logo like this away?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I literally can't see that and not think about this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Sq4n4kt2k

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

If I'm understanding what you mean by "sublimated" correctly, then they could probably do something similar to the herringbone pattern that the Nets use, only with honeycombs instead. As long as the stains weren't too contrasting, I can't imagine it'd be an issue. That being said, I'd have to see it, because it sounds like it'd be pretty garish to have that over the entire floor.

You know what could look awesome? Is if the did honeycomb like they do the parquet floors in Boston or Orlando.

Edit: just did a quick mockup. I think this would looks super classy, and incorporate a unique pattern without being over the top:

wdzHWJi.png

You know what could look awesome? Is if the did honeycomb like they do the parquet floors in Boston or Orlando.

Edit: just did a quick mockup. I think this would looks super classy, and incorporate a unique pattern without being over the top:

wdzHWJi.png

I love this.

PvO6ZWJ.png

wdzHWJi.png

Maginificent! I've been looking for a pattern like this since I started editing my Hornets floors earlier this year. I kept on searching this on Google and nothing appeares to look as beautiful as that image above.

I agree. The Hornets squad should incorporate a unique floor pattern akin to this instead of using the generic ones. If Jordan is really into pushing the 'Hornets' brand, he should consider this design of yours.

Can I use 'em? =)

Similar to this but with different logos and teal lines?

hornets-courts-5.jpg?zoom=3&resize=584%2

Got this off a concept forum while Google hornets courts.

Yes I know the center logo is humongous tigerslions!! Just talking about the lines and purple keys.

Lights out concept isn't bad either

q5gL5Fw.png

shado_logo.gif

Archived