New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH, this thread isn't complete without this gif:

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

http://www.nike.com/...sey-reveal.html

Watched the reveal video on there, and once again it reminds me that this wasn't Nike selling the Jaguars, this was Nike using the Jaguars to sell Nike.

When the priority of your design team isn't to make a product they can be proud of but rather make a product that will infuriate people in order to keep Nike's name associated with "groundbreaking," you've got a major problem.

Exactly. Tail wagging the dog. Again.

Overall, this mess isn't as disjointed as Seattle's—until you add in that helmet. I'd be surprised if they make it out of preseason.

They'll "make it out" just fine. Not everyone has such dismissive knee-jerk reactions to everything different. As if they're going to give in to expected amount of MOD EDIT that scream "i hate it, go back to the way it was before!" whenever anything radical is introduced.

MOD EDIT I think the helmet is ugly and ruins an otherwise decent look. You can't assume that negative initial reactions are "knee-jerk."

Looks good here, though.

QncNZjz.jpg

That's because you can't see the gold on the helmet with this angle/lighting.

Overall, this mess isn't as disjointetd as Seattle's—until you add in that helmet. I'd be surprised if they make it out of preseason.

They'll "make it out" just fine. Not everyone has such dismissive knee-jerk reactions to everything different. As if they're going to give in to expected amount of MOD EDIT that scream "i hate it, go back to the way it was before!" whenever anything radical is introduced.

MOD EDIT I think the helmet is ugly and ruins an otherwise decent look. You can't assume that negative initial reactions are "knee-jerk."

Looks good here, though.

QncNZjz.jpg

That's exactly the point.

I think the helmet brings down a surprisingly good set. I'd make a few changes here and there(number color on teal jersey, blank sleeves, teal socks for some combos)but I think for as off the wall as they are they work for me. Again thats just neck down. That helmet shouldn't exist and hurts this set greatly.

Overall, this mess isn't as disjointetd as Seattle's—until you add in that helmet. I'd be surprised if they make it out of preseason.

Looks good here, though.

QncNZjz.jpg

I know, I'm agreeing with you. Its a new helmet and a couple tweaks away from being a great look.

Original.jpg

The sunlight will help it fade more as well. This site seems full of sensationalist, knee jerk reactions but I digress.

Now that looks

Pretty decent hopefully the sunlight and or stadium lighting shows the gold through the black

Like this kinda like the old helmet with the green

For your eyes sake, here are some pleasant images...

jones-drew.jpg

jones_drew_wallpaper_01.jpg

I still think you make those road numbers teal and you've got an awesome set that is miles above anything they've worn since.

exactly or maybe have an alt with real

Numbers and just switch them out

Looks good here, though.

QncNZjz.jpg

I know, I'm agreeing with you. Its a new helmet and a couple tweaks away from being a great look.

Yeah, how about the sparkle helmet with this set? It at least was revolutionary when it came out (right?) and was unobtrusive. As stated before, I smell a case Niners helmets here. It just can't happen.

I'm going to break from the pack here a little and suggest that maybe Khan is more to blame for the helmets and some of the other disjointed aspects of the package than Nike. Many of Nike's stable of designers may be tasteless hacks afflicted with crippling colorblindness, but even they would likely try to avoid something that garishly ugly if they could.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm going to break from the pack here a little and suggest that maybe Khan is more to blame for the helmets and some of the other disjointed aspects of the package than Nike. Many of Nike's stable of designers may be tasteless hacks afflicted with crippling colorblindness, but even they would likely try to avoid something that garishly ugly if they could.

Totally agree. Everything they talked about was laced with statements like "Khan was heavily involved in the process" and such. I mean, granted he owns the team so of course he would be. But it also means he has the final say regardless of whether or not its a good design. Ask any design who works for a large company, and this happens all the time. The higher ups want something and you have no choice but to do it even if its butt ugly.

This is a really good point. It reminds me of The Oatmeal's lesson on how design work can go straight to hell.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/design_hell

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Original.jpg

I held off clicking on this thread as I knew the average poster on here would bash these uniforms just like they bashed my Seahawks uniforms last year. People bashed the Broncos when they switched uniforms in the 90's and now people love them. Most hated the Hawks new uniforms (some still hate them to this day on here) but they have started to grow on people because they look better on the field on Sundays versus photoshoots.

I applaud the innovation that Nike and Jaguars took with these uniforms. I do disagree with Nike's idea of having all 3 (Jags, Phins, Vikes) uniforms displayed together as all three are completely different styles (Vikings = traditional, Dolphins = simple, Jaguars = cutting edge). This makes the Jaguars uniforms look somewhat ackward. I'm not saying the new Jaguars uniforms are great by any means, but I think the MOD EDIT should withhold judgement until we see these uniforms as a whole on the field on Sundays. I think these cutting edge uniforms for the Seahawks and Jaguars are still light years better than what we've seen with the Falcons, Cardinals, and previous Vikings.

Archived