GotPixels NFL Project 40 Plus- NFL2-Memphis Helmet Options

GotPixels

My two cents on the Saints helmet- keep the logo gold but use a white helmet and outline the logo in black. Always thought that would be a cool look for Nawlins.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To elaborate a little further on the Denver set...I don't particularly care for the shade of orange you selected for one. It's too "red orange" in my opinion.

The Orange and Blue are the actual colors used per the 2012 Team Slick. I did add some overall saturation to the comp, so that may be what is throwing you off. My goal with Denver was to shake it up a bit while staying close. The whole point was to look ahead. They wore Blue until last year, so that isn't too far out of the realm of possibilities in the future. I still have an alternate to mix in as well.

Too much gold on the helmet. Blends together. Try a thicker black outline, or white or black logo itself. I know that's sacrilege, but it might look cool. Otherwise, a white helmet with gold logo has looked good when people have tried it.

I thought about the white helmet, but I figured it would be too similar to UCF. I may keeping pursuing the gold on gold after seeing the Irish new uniforms. The Gold on Gold logo approach is what I was going for. I just need to thicken the outline.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Guest darkpiranha

What if you made it gold on gold, but more in the vein of Oregon's chrome wing helmets? Or maybe it's almost like the shape of the logo is merely etched onto the helmet, rather than a decal. Or maybe it's matte gold helmet, shiny gold logo. You get the idea.

I think New Orleans' helmet almost looks... cartoonish. I would think that the current 2013 helmet is fine or maybe even a black helmet with the gold fleur-de-lis would look nice.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

is the broncos jersey red? why? and football jerseys never look good in gold, the saints should be black

You should adjust your monitor if it looks red because it isn't red.

I agree to disagree on your other point.

is the broncos jersey red? why? and football jerseys never look good in gold, the saints should be black

You should adjust your monitor if it looks red because it isn't red.

I agree to disagree on your other point.

May not be red but is not Bronco orange either it is really darkDenverBroncos_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

May not be red but is not Bronco orange either it is really darkDenverBroncos_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Yes it is.

Look a few posts above. I explained my process.

That alternate Broncos is really nice, think it should be their full time. Very nice.

Thanks man.

Here is a cross section of Denver. On the right is the treatment that I added to my comp which gave it the appearance of red, but it is not actually red. On the left is the comp without out the treatment. Same orange made different by filters.

iukt.jpg

The obvious issue with the Bengals' uniform and helmet is that tigers are orange with black stripes, not black with orange stripes, so it looks odd that there is so much black and the orange is the stripe pattern.

Here is a cross section of Denver. On the right is the treatment that I added to my comp which gave it the appearance of red, but it is not actually red. On the left is the comp without out the treatment. Same orange made different by filters.

iukt.jpg

I was just going to mention the above fact.

I could have a colour that's exactly the right colour of a logo or uni, but, (it's been my experience), as soon as you throw on a multiply, or an overlay, or a screen layer, (layers you would use in a typical template), that perfect colour will get compromised in some way.

The problem with the red/orange on Denver is that it's a completely different color than the other orange on the stripes and helmet. They don't look good together.

I agree with what WideRight on Cincy, Orange with black stripes is the way to go. Also, there are no names on the away (or at least what I can see) is this intended? Or is it my human error?

I think New Orleans looks fine, if you would change the helmet to black and maybe add a black alternate.

Just my 2 cents, not trying to be harsh on anything, just giving my honest thoughts.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The problem with the red/orange on Denver is that it's a completely different color than the other orange on the stripes and helmet. They don't look good together.

I agree with what WideRight on Cincy, Orange with black stripes is the way to go. Also, there are no names on the away (or at least what I can see) is this intended? Or is it my human error?

I think New Orleans looks fine, if you would change the helmet to black and maybe add a black alternate.

Just my 2 cents, not trying to be harsh on anything, just giving my honest thoughts.

I think I have completely exhausted the orange debate. It is there for you to absorb if you want.

As far as the Bengals...in a literal real world sense...yes. This is a concept, so inverting it for more black is the intention.

Thanks for the C&C.

Archived