**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

I know it's just a graphic, and I know this wasn't the case for the authentics at the unveiling, but the replica jerseys on NHL Shop have straight hems, not rounded ones.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate that term already.

My Blue Jackets third jersey says "WE FIGHT, WE MARCH" inside the collar. Every time I see it on the hanger I'm reminded that I fight and that I march. If I didn't have those inspirational words rubbing the back of my neck I wouldn't know whether I'm supposed to fight or march or both. One time I almost marched and then fought, but I checked the hanger effect on my jersey and I was reminded of the correct order. That would've been chaos.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Habs are making changes to their home and roads as well. It would be great if those changes implied adding a slogan inside the collar, and not touching the jersey whatsoever.

Something like "Raise the Torch" or "Levez le Flambeau" in french, if they decide to stick with their current phrase.

The Habs are making changes to their home and roads as well. It would be great if those changes implied adding a slogan inside the collar, and not touching the jersey whatsoever.

Something like "Raise the Torch" or "Levez le Flambeau" in french, if they decide to stick with their current phrase.

I'd chuckle if they put the French phrase on the homes and the English on the roads.

My hope is the Habs are simply straightening out the sleeve stripes, as they currently still follow the weird contours of the initial Edge template.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My hope is the Habs are simply straightening out the sleeve stripes, as they currently still follow the weird contours of the initial Edge template.

This is the most likely scenario with lace up collars. That being said I'd love to see the current away jersey replaced with the one with the blue chest stripe. The white jersey montreal has worn for most of their history has never stood up to it's red counterpart IMO.

Though non-matching jerseys such as Minnesota or Ottawa in the 2000's, or the last Atlanta set bug the :censored: out of me, I've always liked how Montreal's history has been the same non-matching jerseys for decades. That's why I don't want to see the white jersey with the red yoke go away in favor of that white one with the blue chest stripe.

Plus, I've always thought that jersey overrated. The traditional white sweater is very clean. It'd be a shame if they dropped it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's why I don't want to see the white jersey with the red yoke go away in favor of that white one with the blue chest stripe.

Then Montreal should go with the simple solution that everyone who likes that sweater supports: make it their third. It doesn't have to replace their current road sweater.

It's a damn nice design. It should be worn. It shouldn't replace either of their current sweaters though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

My Blue Jackets third jersey says "WE FIGHT, WE MARCH" inside the collar. Every time I see it on the hanger I'm reminded that I fight and that I march. If I didn't have those inspirational words rubbing the back of my neck I wouldn't know whether I'm supposed to fight or march or both. One time I almost marched and then fought, but I checked the hanger effect on my jersey and I was reminded of the correct order. That would've been chaos.

This post is like something out of Love and Death.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That being said I'd love to see the current away jersey replaced with the one with the blue chest stripe. The white jersey montreal has worn for most of their history has never stood up to it's red counterpart IMO.

And the blue-striped white jersey was worn less than 5 years, back then. Even though it would fix the consistency issue, team history has more priority. The Habs have been wearing the current white for over 70 years, and won countless cups in it. If your proposed change comes to fruition, people will...ahh nevermind not getting into that...

Like CRichardson said, even I wouldn't mind the Habs bring it back as their 3rd jersey.

That's why I don't want to see the white jersey with the red yoke go away in favor of that white one with the blue chest stripe.

Then Montreal should go with the simple solution that everyone who likes that sweater supports: make it their third. It doesn't have to replace their current road sweater.

It's a damn nice design. It should be worn. It shouldn't replace either of their current sweaters though.

Yes. I actually prefer the white striped jersey, but there's no replacing the plain white. It's been virtually unchanged for over 70 years, with the exception of the 3 seasons they used the blue stripe. The history that thing has seen.

sig.png

The only thing that bothers me now that I've seen the full uniform is the white diaper/bibb effect on the back of the home jersey. That swooping hem is really bad.

Otherwise, dynamite. I like the green jersey more by itself, but I like the white road uniform as a whole.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That looks awful. Couldn't find any pictures of Carolina's from the side/back...do they have the same problem?

As an aside, I like these jerseys less and less every time I see them.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 2 years later...

Anyone besides me that hates these jerseys with a passion ? The color, the logo, the letters and numbers without a black outline. So many things wrong. I cannot understand that this is the same team i used to enjoy watching when Modano and the rest of the gang caused havoc in the west. I will never view  these new jerseys as the Dallas Stars. Dallas Stars are gone and dead to me  :(:mad:

Archived