**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that the owner was THIS close to going with a blue and gold (or navy and silver), can't remember which combo exactly. Mike Modano convinced Gilardi to stick with green.

They came THIS close to making everyone unhappy and pissed.

Well, they switched to the new logo on the NHL homepage. Does it seem smaller than the other logos to anyone else?

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I heard that the owner was THIS close to going with a blue and gold (or navy and silver), can't remember which combo exactly. Mike Modano convinced Gilardi to stick with green.

They came THIS close to making everyone unhappy and pissed.

No no.

Blue and gold is for the next Nordiques jersey ;-)

Well, they switched to the new logo on the NHL homepage. Does it seem smaller than the other logos to anyone else?

I was just about to post this. Yeah, it's way smaller, and the gaps caused by the size difference look terrible.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I heard today that the Stars very nearly went with this design, but in blue, and Modano is the one that convinced them to stay with green (not sure how accurate that is). But with that in mind, I took a stab and how these would have looked with blue subbed out for green. Certainly not awful, but also not nearly as distinctive. It just would not have looked like the Stars.

8971017511_9a50531223_o.png

thats pretty much the story i got too. i think there was an emphasis on blue and silver though.

as usual, all my thoughts and ramblings are here: http://brandmooreart...eveled-and.html

Looking at that mockup, that would have been the perfect basis for Tampa Bay when they did their redesign.

patriotssignature.png

I was secretly hoping they'd use this pants stripe in some fashion.

hi-res-365001_display_image.jpg?1345964762

I thought about this too. The pant stripe they went with looks good, but they could have also done something with the "DALLAS" down the side. Mabe even used the logo for the D.

I heard today that the Stars very nearly went with this design, but in blue, and Modano is the one that convinced them to stay with green (not sure how accurate that is). But with that in mind, I took a stab and how these would have looked with blue subbed out for green. Certainly not awful, but also not nearly as distinctive. It just would not have looked like the Stars.

thats pretty much the story i got too. i think there was an emphasis on blue and silver though.

as usual, all my thoughts and ramblings are here: http://brandmooreart...eveled-and.html

Looking at that mockup, that would have been the perfect basis for Tampa Bay when they did their redesign.

yes! if only...

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

yes! if only...

But as for the Dallas Stars, we dodged a bullet.

Still, I agree that Lightning management needs to take a look at this.

Hope this isn't considered spam, but here is my article on the new look.

http://www.defending...y-city-redesign

Excellent article. I agree wholeheartedly that the Stars knocked it out of the park with their rebrand. I thought ditching the old logo and colours would be sacrilege but this new package makes you wonder how the team ever wore anything else

I think the uniform looks great! I'd give it an A for sure. The stars just went from bottom 5 to top 10 looks in the league! That being said, I'd have loved to see something more like this with gold or yellow...

DallasStarsTweak_zps5f7e211a.png

Also, I liked the old crest. They didn't need to change it. The new one is nice, but it could have well just been an alternate to go with the old crest IMO.

I would have loved to have seen this.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I wonder if people are kind of pulling their punches on this because of the well-deserved vitriol for the Hurricanes' faceplant of an unveiling, and nobody wanted to be seen as crapping on two unveilings in one day. The logo is a bit wonky (as beveled logos often are), the striping patterns are derivative of other teams, and the numbers look kinda cheap and rec-leaguey. I mean, it's not as bad as Carolina's, and it's certainly not as bad as the soulless garbage they've been wearing for the last six years (which didn't even both to include the team's primary color at home. what a masterstroke, guys), but I'm not terribly impressed with what they did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived