**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The St. Patrick's Day version of the Hawks' sweater is the official uniform of awful human beings, so this is a good first step in getting a divisional rivalry going again.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9m3oh.jpg

love the shade of green they used

Why does this particular pic remind me of a "D-Generation X" intro?

The St. Patrick's Day version of the Hawks' sweater is the official uniform of awful human beings...

Are you trying to imply the Irish in this?

Chicago has a large population of "fake Irish" douchebags who see St. Patrick's Day as an excuse to go all out in their douchebaggery.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't get why you go through the trouble of making a logo that is looking like it's beveled or in 3D with a few colors and then add a solid color number with no outline. It's like someone took a blank jersey to the local sporting goods store and let them put on some generic number.

KISSwall09.jpg

I don't get why you go through the trouble of making a logo that is looking like it's beveled or in 3D with a few colors and then add a solid color number with no outline. It's like someone took a blank jersey to the local sporting goods store and let them put on some generic number.

Actually the numbers aren't generic, they're custom. But I agree, the numbers would've look much nicer with a black outline on both jerseys.

g542h653ju7468776.png

Video of the jersey. They look great here. I love this green.

Thanks for posting this. You know what I love? I'm scrolling through the videos, and I hear Gaglardi (sorry if that's not the exact spelling) speaking so passionately about jerseys and basically (I'm not tooting my own horn, really) sounding like me and others on this board. He talked about owning your own color, differentiating yourself from the marketplace, testing the color on TV so that you don't take a great idea and simply muddy it / turn it black. I'm very impressed.

And if you listen carefully, he takes some subtle jabs at Minn and Pitt for confusing their looks/ messaging by changing their primary to red(in Minn's case) and for simply sticking with black ("black is not a color") and matching up with your NFL brethren. To me, I also heard a subtle jab at the Kings, too. Nothing was with malice or said with ill will, but he's right. It's PRECISELY WHY the Kings should never have ridded themselves of purple. In terms of hockey marketing (if nothing else), they owned that color. And you really can get the best of both worlds and be black/purple/silver...it's a great color scheme that you can do modern, traditional...any which way you choose. Oh well. Makes me wonder (since technically this is still not a Kelly/Celtic green), if we ever get a Seattle team, would they go with the very simple Kelly and white (how this scheme is not used more is beyond me...) ???There are so many great patterns and color schemes simply WAITING to be stolen/used in the NHL. We've had our fill with double blues...but what about double reds ...or double greens ?? Can you imagine a simple Kelly/Forest/White/(Yellow?) For all the talk of how the Canes and 'Ning ruined themselves and are ruining modern aesthetics, the Preds and the Stars really nailed it (for my money).

Okay, I missed the pants shot.

I'm glad they chose black pants as I don't really like when teams in brighter colors wear that color head to skate. (See Detroit, Carolina etc)

I love this look.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Green numbers with a silver/gray outline and black drop shadow (not as extreme as the old North Stars shadow) might have worked as well to tie the gray in the logo in to something else on the uniform.

At the very least, if they wanted single color numbers/letters, the NOB should have been black and the numbers green, as that would have matched the striping perfectly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived