2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

With respect to the Rams throwbacks - I thought NFL teams couldn't wear more than 1 helmet per season. Isn't that the reason why the Cowboys couldn't wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiving - because it would require them to use their white throwback helmet? How are the Rams able to do it?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With respect to the Rams throwbacks - I thought NFL teams couldn't wear more than 1 helmet per season. Isn't that the reason why the Cowboys couldn't wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiving - because it would require them to use their white throwback helmet? How are the Rams able to do it?

Helmet is the same, only swapped the decals.

Same helmet, different decals?

Helmet is the same, only swapped the decals.

Ah, that makes sense.

Back in the summer, there was a bit of discussion as to how much the Vikings new purple pants would actually be worn. Well, as of today, as the Vikings season mercifully ends, they wore them at every road opportunity. The only road game that didn't feature purple pants was against Dallas, when they wore purple jerseys. In fact, thanks to the questionable (OK... horrible) decision to go all purple in one home game, the purple pants got worn just as often as the white pants... 8 to 8. Pretty surprising to me.

Weird fact. They actually wore white on white in the two road preseason games... which probably led a few of us to think they'd just mothball the purple pants all together.

Back in the summer, there was a bit of discussion as to how much the Vikings new purple pants would actually be worn. Well, as of today, as the Vikings season mercifully ends, they wore them at every road opportunity. The only road game that didn't feature purple pants was against Dallas, when they wore purple jerseys. In fact, thanks to the questionable (OK... horrible) decision to go all purple in one home game, the purple pants got worn just as often as the white pants... 8 to 8. Pretty surprising to me.

Weird fact. They actually wore white on white in the two road preseason games... which probably led a few of us to think they'd just mothball the purple pants all together.

Vikings have played 16 games?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a rule I despise mono unis but there's an exception to every rule and this is it.

Jets_Panthers_Footbal_McMi_t607.jpg

The Panthers look pretty sharp in black over black. I think it's because the one color is broken up in a lot of places and that they don't wear black socks. The blue really pops.

I think the Panthers look good in monochrome with white or black. The blue makes their uniforms work so well.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

He meant "as its ending" and how the "road season" is over.

Shame. I wanted to see the all white look. Especially when facing dark pants teams, like when we played at Baltimore. In my opinion, it made zero sense to wear purple pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

He meant "as its ending" and how the "road season" is over.

Shame. I wanted to see the all white look. Especially when facing dark pants teams, like when we played at Baltimore. In my opinion, it made zero sense to wear purple pants.

20130825__130826vikespeterson_500.jpg

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

They should abandon a color because it's dark like your team's color is? There's plenty of reasons for them to abandon it (not that I feel that way tho) but that's not one of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Remember any combos posted prior to game or posted prior to an announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Regular Season Week 17 (Part 1)

Panthers @ Falcons

dFmCg.jpgivM4G.jpg

Packers @ Bears

JLdWx.jpgOmpRxd1.jpg

Texans @ Titans

Qe2gv.jpghWkQL.jpg

Browns @ Steelers

m0ufQ.jpgbr8Ls.jpg

Redskins @ Giants

KKC6aBR.jpg5uWsH.jpg

Archived