Best Color Scheme in Sports

JCRGraphix

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite look is navy and white. The darkness of navy contrasts with white as much as black, but without actually being black. This darkness makes the white pop beautifully, ESPECIALLY at night under the lights.

mariano-rivera.jpg

Adding Red into the mix is also an amazing look. The red is perfectly between the navy and the white. It forms a darker contrast to the white and a lighter contrast to the navy. This makes all three colors pop stunningly.

david_ortiz-7664.jpg

I also love royal, orange, and blue, the official colors of New York. It's appeal is that it works almost exactly like the Navy-Red-White combination.

David+Wright+New+York+Mets+Photo+Day+pcPcarmelo_anthony1.jpgBuffalo+Sabres+v+New+York+Islanders+T4ad

Same for royal, red, and white, naturally.

messier_pic.jpgEli-Manning-1.jpg

Although navy and white is my favorite color combination in sports, for a variety of reasons including the fact that blue is my favorite color. However, if I were able to look at things totally objective, I'd probably have to say the best looking combination would be green and gold. I think the A's have possibly the best look and identity in baseball, and these other looks are nothing to slouch at either.

460x.jpgAaron+Rodgers+Cleveland+Browns+v+Green+B1997956_FULL-LND.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm not sure about best, but a color scheme I've thought was underlooked was Purple, Copper, and Black.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

It hasn't been used in years, but it's unique and clean, IMO.

The thing that always pissed me off about the black Jazz alternates is the fact that, unlike the primary set, the alternates were clean and simple. I loved the late 90's Jazz look, and I felt that if they would've gone with a template similar to the alternate (no mountains), that look could've stood the test of time.

I was just mad that they wasted the better template on a black jersey (a color that has no business on a Jazz uni).

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

article-0-06982098000005DC-643_306x457.j

MatthewLowtonAstonVilla_2925572.jpg

This was going to my selection. Love that look.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived