New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20130804phoenix-suns-set-to-unveil-new-uniforms-in-fashion-show.html?nclick_check=1

The Suns’ new look began to take form when new or revamped team logos leaked in mid-June. A uniform restyle has been in the works for years and was scrapped and restarted at one point.

708157.jpg

708156.jpg

Interested in what they initially had before coming up with this set..

With the sunburst thing they have going on in the wordmark I'm starting to doubt more and more we'll see one on the actual jersey. And if we do I feel like that'll look a little repetitive. Guess we'll see.

You can clearly see white lines through his shirt. If that's not part of a sunburst, I'd like to know what it is.

Len_zps96872478.jpg

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem more and more likely the sunburst will somehow go through, or be incorporated into, the wordmark in some way. I'm not sure how that'll be done, but it sure looks that way. If not, perhaps there really won't be a sunburst, but random orange and/or white lines seems kind of lame.

I'm most looking forward to the new sunburst or lack thereof and how the patch on the shorts works since that has completely stumped me.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20130804phoenix-suns-set-to-unveil-new-uniforms-in-fashion-show.html?nclick_check=1

The Suns’ new look began to take form when new or revamped team logos leaked in mid-June. A uniform restyle has been in the works for years and was scrapped and restarted at one point.

708157.jpg

708156.jpg

Interested in what they initially had before coming up with this set..

With the sunburst thing they have going on in the wordmark I'm starting to doubt more and more we'll see one on the actual jersey. And if we do I feel like that'll look a little repetitive. Guess we'll see.

I still wonder how visible that will be. It's easy to see in the closeup shots but would it be visible on tv?

It does seem more and more likely the sunburst will somehow go through, or be incorporated into, the wordmark in some way. I'm not sure how that'll be done, but it sure looks that way. If not, perhaps there really won't be a sunburst, but random orange and/or white lines seems kind of lame.

I'm most looking forward to the new sunburst or lack thereof and how the patch on the shorts works since that has completely stumped me.

I think there's going to be a sunburst under the word mark ala the 90's set. In the Alex Len pic the burst lines you see are going parallel with the word mark, idk how or why it would go through the word mark.

Also more proof (to me at least) that there will be a sun burst under the word mark, is how the word mark is positioned. It's slanted up, just like the 90's word mark. To me that's not a coincidence.

90758391980.gif

Where is that pic came from ? And what is that letter ?

6920118.jpg

It's a teaser image for the Phoenix Suns Gorilla's new uniform/jacket. Apparently it's going to say "GORILLA" across the front (then again, maybe that's the back). Anyway, I found this picture of the Gorilla and noticed that the sunburst on the front of his jacket has 8 streaks. I wonder if this will be similar to how the new sunburst will look on the new Suns jerseys.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Too many teasers and in too long of a time frame for the suns

Nets and pels didnt do this recently and it was not a big deal

And both of their uniforms were boring. Hopefully for the Suns their uniforms will live up to the hype. If not, they'll really look bad.

708157.jpg

708156.jpg

I was just looking at these teaser billboard imagines and noticed something interesting. You can see a little bit below the wordmark (which is the first time in any teaser that area has been visible). Now unless they Photoshopped it, and I wouldn't put it past them...... where are the sunburst streaks??? They're clearly visible in the Len un-altered photos I posted before -and- they've released the teaser image with them. It would appear they go directly under the wordmark, but that's obviously not the case with these two images. I'm starting to think I really have no clue what these new uniforms are going to look like and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Do we know that there will be a corresponding sunburst on the road? I can't recall seeing a road teaser that showed it. While it would be odd to have a mismatch, it wouldn't shock me if the road was just the wordmarks and number, since the wordmark might have to be shrunk a little too much to work with a burst.

I highly doubt they'd have a mismatch like that.

While we ponder the new jerseys, let us take a look at the shiny beauties they released in '00, before they decided to matte it up a couple years later.

PurpleShiny_zps3ceb94bb.jpg

That may be my least favorite uniform in modern nba history.

They've been awful since day one and I can't believe they've stuck around this long. It looks like a uniform the Phoenix Mercury rejected.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Do we know that there will be a corresponding sunburst on the road? I can't recall seeing a road teaser that showed it. While it would be odd to have a mismatch, it wouldn't shock me if the road was just the wordmarks and number, since the wordmark might have to be shrunk a little too much to work with a burst.

I highly doubt they'd have a mismatch like that.

While we ponder the new jerseys, let us take a look at the shiny beauties they released in '00, before they decided to matte it up a couple years later.

PurpleShiny_zps3ceb94bb.jpg

That may be my least favorite uniform in modern nba history.

They've been awful since day one and I can't believe they've stuck around this long. It looks like a uniform the Phoenix Mercury rejected.

I've been a Suns fan since the Barkley days and I still can't believe they ditched the sunburst unis for that garbage. Still the biggest uni downgrade I've ever seen, IMO. Tweaking the sunburst unis over time would have been all they needed to do. I would have been real interested to see the sunburst unis evolve over time. Maybe these new unis coming out in a couple of weeks would have been the culmination of the sunburst unis evolving over the last 20 years.

I am very "unpopular opinion" on the suns. First, I HATE, HATE, HATED the "streaking sun" uniforms. I view them as a slightly lesser evil than the other 1990s "logo" uniforms (Rockets, Raptors, etc.). I honestly thought that once they were gone, they'd be gone forever, but I obviously underestimated the nostalgia for them (and the near universal love of them). I am disappointed that they are back.

Further, though adding gray and side panels is something I'd usually hate, I liked it here. I guess I liked how the gray mixed with the purple and orange. I could have done without the oval behind the front number, but otherwise, I really liked this uniform. And without a doubt prefer gray added to the mix over black.

However, somewhat less unpopular is that I'd have (if, you know, I had input) have readily compromised on the pre-Barkely era (with no added gray or black). I think purple and orange work on their own and don't need black (or gray even if it worked) added.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

However, somewhat less unpopular is that I'd have (if, you know, I had input) have readily compromised on the pre-Barkely era (with no added gray or black). I think purple and orange work on their own and don't need black (or gray even if it worked) added.

I like the sunburst unis, but if they were to ever bring back a more modern rendering of the '80s unis and logo using just purple, orange, and white, I'd be all for it.

Those were horrible, but slightly more palatable with the shiny fabric. With the flat fabric, though.... blecch. I'll never understand the choice to emphasize gray over orange, nor do I get the point of that weird oval on the front numbers.

Funny, the weird oval was the only main thing I liked about the jerseys.

I HATE those jerseys shoulders, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to wide.

Just turrible.

Though, I will say, the home version of these jerseys sucked less.

Those were horrible, but slightly more palatable with the shiny fabric. With the flat fabric, though.... blecch. I'll never understand the choice to emphasize gray over orange, nor do I get the point of that weird oval on the front numbers.

Funny, the weird oval was the only main thing I liked about the jerseys.

I HATE those jerseys shoulders, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to wide.

Just turrible.

Though, I will say, the home version of these jerseys sucked less.

I agree. If I had to pick one, I'd say the home whites sucked the least out of the 3. I think if the orange PHX alternate used purple side panels instead of grey, I'd like them a lot better. I just hated the use of grey in every way.

Archived