New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

Christmas uniforms didn't count as a "third" because they were an NBA promotion, similar to the Latin Nights jerseys.

So on those nights, New Orleans would be Los Pelicanos?

Now THAT'S a name to put on a jersey!

Nope. Sorry. Nuevo Orleans.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 2 3 4

TheLeaks_zpsc11cf157.jpg

5 6 7 8

The image number 7 I think is the right side of the jersey if we look it in front of us.

I dont think it could be the left side seen from behind ´cause we have to see some of the sun burst of today's image.

I think my images could be correct

1 2 3 4

TheLeaks_zpsc11cf157.jpg

5 6 7 8

The image number 7 I think is the right side of the jersey if we look it in front of us.

I dont think it could be the left side seen from behind ´cause we have to see some of the sun burst of today's image.

I think my images could be correct

No it has to be the bottom hem of the shorts, if you look at the material, the orange venty material only goes up and down on the rev 30 jerseys, and you see the purple thread at the bottom that shows its the hem line

Edit: nevermind i was looking at the wrong picture

I think we've all settled into thinking that leak of the #4 on the jerseys is on the front, right? Well I just tried to piece together what we have so far on the rev30 template, matching up the holes size-wise and pattern-wise, and it seems to me that the #4 shown is on the back of the jerseys, and is probably part of the #14 because of it's positioning. Bear with me while I post some images.

adidas-revolution-30-nba-jersey-4.jpg

This Minnesota rev30 jersey clearly shows the dot size and pattern. This was what I based everything on.

PHXSUNS001_zpsdb6bd6b2.jpg

This image shows the dot patterns as they appear by the numbers. Notice that they dont seem to make sense with the front of the jersey anywhere, as the larger dots and smaller dots both step away from eachother. This doesn't occur on the fronts of the jerseys at all.

REV30-06%20(1).jpg

But it does occur on the back. (right under the S in James)

These last 2 images just give you a sense of the scale. The sun rays or bursts, to the front of the Wolves jersey, and the bursts to the Suns teased numbers.

PHXSUNS002_zps80b72cde.jpgPHXSUNS003_zps078e50a5.jpg

Hope I made some sense here. Tried to keep it pretty simple. I might be wrong, but I don't think I am. I think this just frees up the front options a little more. It seems possible now to have numbers in a sunburst, or even just a full ball and sunburst. Thanks.

This is masterful sleuthing, Batman--er, eRay.

Christmas uniforms didn't count as a "third" because they were an NBA promotion, similar to the Latin Nights jerseys.

I believe they'll go with Nueva Orleans (cringes)

thundersignature.png

and

sport-scarf_bucs_zpsc424092b.png

I believe they'll go with Nueva Orleans (cringes)

It would be Los Pelicans. The NBA never translates the actual name when they add "LOS" to it. Los Bulls, El Heat, Los Lakers...

Go A's!

Hope I made some sense here. Tried to keep it pretty simple. I might be wrong, but I don't think I am. I think this just frees up the front options a little more. It seems possible now to have numbers in a sunburst, or even just a full ball and sunburst. Thanks.

Truly, truly, awesome explanation!

It would be Los Pelicans. The NBA never translates the actual name when they add "LOS" to it. Los Bulls, El Heat, Los Lakers...

As it should. The team name is a proper noun, and as Ive always understood, it wouldnt be translated.

Proper nouns get translated though, like my name is adam, but if i went to a spanish speaking country it would get changed to adan, and you see lots of businesses in spanish speaking countries that get translated to spanish, i don't know why the NBA can't do the same, i just think it's lazy

As it should. The team name is a proper noun, and as Ive always understood, it wouldnt be translated.

Proper nouns get translated though, like my name is adam, but if i went to a spanish speaking country it would get changed to adan, and you see lots of businesses in spanish speaking countries that get translated to spanish, i don't know why the NBA can't do the same, i just think it's lazy

Agreed.

I cringe at "Los Suns". Just looks dumb.

Los Soles!

I hear what you're saying, but the old road jerseys were purple/orange with black on the shorts.

Granted, no black on the old home jerseys, so who knows....

Actually, I'd probably say the old road set was purple then black. The trim stripes and the sun were orange, but the big patch of the shorts was black, along with the shadow on the numbers and wordmark. Also, the home jerseys did have black, as the shadows were black. I loved those jerseys at the time (and still do), but in retrospect, they were bad for incorporating black for no reason. I would like to see a mock-up of those jerseys with the black/orange trim replaced with orange/white.

Anyway, it's predictable but still sad to see the Suns following the recent trend of kinda throwing back to the past, but instead of going to perfectly good previous set, they make it "kewl" and modern, therefore :censored:ing it up (see: Wizards, Bills, Magic, Warriors, Jazz, Sabres, Florida Panthers, LA Kings).
OldRomanSig2.jpg

That's incorrect. What the hell is the point of doing it just to add "the" to the jersey? It's just half-assed pandering crap in that case. "Here's a 'the' for you, Mexicans. Buy our crap now." Make an effort and translate the name, like the Brewers and SF Giants do. From perusing MLB.com, most teams use Spanish-language translations of their names in Spanish-language media, as is. I believe large portions of non-English speaking hispanics refer to the teams by their translated nicknames, also. When I worked at a resturant in college, the cooks used to talk about watching the "Oso" and "Torros" games.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived