New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please explain why, if the Suns colors are primarily purple and orange, that the home uniform has no purple in it? It just seems weird that one of the team's primary colors would not feature at all in the home uniform...especially when it's the main color of the road uni.

That's the question, Jimmy!

IMHO, the Suns are slowly but surely going to an orange and black team.

It's depressing, especially growing up in the Valley and watching the "Purple Gang from Phoenix" as Al McCoy would quip.

Will the seats eventually be changed to orange?

I should have seen this coming, especially when the whole "Planet Orange" business started.

Can someone please explain why, if the Suns colors are primarily purple and orange, that the home uniform has no purple in it? It just seems weird that one of the team's primary colors would not feature at all in the home uniform...especially when it's the main color of the road uni.

Suns probably wanted to go Orange and Black in the beginning but i guess the idea changed at some point but they decided to just half assed it. Or they expected backlash from fans so wanted to Slowly bring in Orange as primary colour.

I really hope they don't eliminate the purple - you can't run away from your history. And black, while in vogue a few years ago, seems a bit dated now. I hope they address the color decisions at the unveiling, but something tells me they won't.

Y'all're kidding, right?

Well, obviously that particular execution is bad, but the general idea of the old Suns wordmark with a sunrise in it is fairly clever. They could do worse, and for the last several years, they did!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Suns probably wanted to go Orange and Black in the beginning but i guess the idea changed at some point but they decided to just half assed it. Or they expected backlash from fans so wanted to Slowly bring in Orange as primary colour.

Orange, along with purple, has always been a primary color of the Phoenix Suns. Over the years they've introduced other, complimentary or accent colors, but never changed the two primary. This is the first year, regardless of what BS they try to feed us, they're actually changing the two primary colors. My belief is that their ultimate plan is to slowly phase purple out until it's less than an afterthought.... it's gone entirely. I wouldn't be surprised at all if in a couple years, they announce they're officially changing the primary road uniform to an all black alt and discontinuing use of the purple road uniform.

The team points to use of purple on their social media sites and the purple road uniform as proof they're not eliminating purple. But when I look at what's most important.... the official, primary team logos, the home court and the home uniform (TBD) and see basically no purple, well, that tells an entirely different story. The organization treats us loyal, die-hard fans like we're idiots or that we're blind, but most can see very clearly what's really going on.

Okay, enough of my ranting. Hopefully I'm proven wrong tomorrow with the new uniforms and next season ('14/'15) they slightly alter the logos and home court to include more purple. That would be nice. :D

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

The purple and orange combination makes me feel queasy. Something about those two colors together.

Them be fightin' words. :shocked:

I realize I'm biased since I've been rooting for the Suns since I could crawl, but I have the exact opposite opinion.

Purple and orange is beautiful when taken into context as to why the Suns are that color. Many a desert evening we see this:

CactusSunset_zps6270586f.jpg

And yes, I realize virtually anywhere you go you can see sunsets with these colors, but you can literally find thousands of Phoenx sunset images with purple/orange hues.

Photo Courtesy: http://tisfortownsend.blogspot.com/2013/05/why-arizona-will-knock-your-socks-off.html

Let the countdown begin..btw..those Western font unis were cool but so " passe "...

Very true. But an updated version would look cool and capitalize on the current retro trend.

Ditto. I would have rather seen something like this rather than what they are doing, and I think they could have made it work if they wanted to. For anyone in the PHX area, is there a lot of sentiment towards the '80s look?...or do most people just want the sunburst back?

Let the countdown begin..btw..those Western font unis were cool but so " passe "...

Very true. But an updated version would look cool and capitalize on the current retro trend.

Ditto. I would have rather seen something like this rather than what they are doing, and I think they could have made it work if they wanted to. For anyone in the PHX area, is there a lot of sentiment towards the '80s look?...or do most people just want the sunburst back?

I personally prefer the look of the original uniform style worn from '68-'91. That's my all-time favorite Phoenix Suns look. When the new uniforms were first rumored, I wanted an updated version of this uniform. The 'sunburst' uniform is probably most popular among a lot of fans since it's most memorable with it being the Barkley era uniform. That's the time a ton of people jumped on the bandwagon and first became fans of the Suns.

so what time is the Fashion Show? anyone know off hand?

7PM Arizona time.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

Archived