New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN.com thus far has made zero mention of the Suns' new uniforms. I saw a tweet from them last night about it, but nothing on their website?

They had the Peli's front page and center in the NBA section for their unveiling.

ESPN_zpsab40aaca.jpg

This is where I'm going to pull out the BrandMoore card (though I'm sure I'm not qualified to use it or whatever): Y'all don't really understand how design works, eh? Just because you don't enjoy the output doesn't mean that there wasn't effort put into it.

Oh I understand how design works. You just set up a bunch of monkeys in a room with a bunch of computers with illustrator and in two years you get this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

First time here, but as I've said elsewhere... I think it would look good in black. So today I mocked it up.. and here's the result.

9525999717_da235cba89_z.jpg
I got lazy once I got to the shorts.

Looks awesome.

Only thing I would add is purple on the torso, maybe at the collar.

And did you raise the Phoenix wordmark? If so, looks good.

That's my main beef with the road jerseys, the Phoenix is too low.

Great work!

Man, I am still bummed about the new uniforms. I just can't believe how bad they ended up looking... as a Suns fan of over 20 years, I can say that this is the first time I have no interest in wearing my teams jersey. I'll still root for my team and rock the old jerseys, but I cannot stand this set. There are some promising elements, but they might as well be held together with duct tape.

First time here, but as I've said elsewhere... I think it would look good in black. So today I mocked it up.. and here's the result.

I got lazy once I got to the shorts.

Looks awesome.

Only thing I would add is purple on the torso, maybe at the collar.

And did you raise the Phoenix wordmark? If so, looks good.

That's my main beef with the road jerseys, the Phoenix is too low.

Great work!

I didn't do anything to it, just recolor it.

Anyways.. Purple added to jersey, because there is none whatsoever..

9529049050_fa5fff6115_z.jpg

Just added them to the mothership:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/238/Phoenix_Suns

After rendering them, they are really not horribly bad. I know my initial reaction was yeah this is terrible. The major error is the faux-pas sun streak with no sun and that was the cause of most let down. This is where the problem lies. Especially on the road and alt, the white is jarring.

They should have entered to Soundgarden's black hole sun. Maybe just for the orange alt.

They are really pushing this 'phoenix rising' thing. The shorts graphic, the horizon thing in the wordmark. Also really pushing the black and orange. It's kind of working. The road isn't so bad, the home at first glance is not particularly pleasing.

Also the extreme pointy-sharpness, they went from super rounded elements to super pointy elements during the change. Even the striping elements.

All the swingmans and replicas in the Suns Shop have the back of neck logos above the nameplate, either S-sun or PHX logo, but rather the ones unveiled show nothing above the nameplate.

hi sir, do you mind if you give me a copy of pdf file or vector file of your rendering on suns uniform. also the numbers rendering pls. :( i just need it.
Knockoff artist?

no i'm not, i'm a nba2k13 modder. it will be easy for me to do the jersey if i have those.

mrkchrstn, I don't know if that's a valid reason to hand out vectors/source files on CCSLC..don't think we have the authority on that. These are really just for the site. Let's ask a moderator...

thank you for that sir, i'm just asking if it's possible. if not, that's ok. if it is, better. :)

Would something similar to this have been so hard?

SunsPoss_zps366eb046.jpg

Far too easy, better to over think and turn out a turd.

Sadly I think a reason why they didn't go with this is because of the orange alts. Bursting sun on orange jersey would be so hard to see

Well either don't have the alternate be orange, or skip the sunburst on the orange jerseys all together. The alternate doesn't have to look exactly like the home and away.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived