Percy Harvin out, Is this the end for Seattle?

Beluga4

I was wondering if any of you thought that it was a bunch of crazy talk that the Seattle Seahawks are not contenders without Percy Harvin, Give me 5 reasons why or why not they are in the playoffs.

Here are my 5 reasons why:

1. The Seahawks Destroyed every team in their way of the playoffs from obliterating the Cardinals 59-0 to even embarrassing the 49ers on Sunday Night Football 42-13

2. They made it to the playoffs and beat the Redskins by 10 then lost to the best team in the league by 2 points in the final seconds

3.They upset the Patriots, Packers, Bears and Vikings who were all playoff teams (- the bears)

4. They're Quarterback Russel Wilson (A rookie) threw 26 touchdowns beating Peyton Manning on most touchdown passes in a rookie season, and had over 3000 passing yards

5. They did all this without Percy Harvin

npo_logo.png

As long as you have Russel Wilson, you're going to be in it. That man gave me heart attacks last year as a rookie in the NFC Div. round. Having a great quarterback puts you in the conversation, and I personally believe Wilson will endure longer than K-Cap.

That's all last year though.

I don't see any doom or gloom with Harvin out because there are other good wideouts on the roster (Rice, Tate) and the offense revolves mainly around the running game. I just think that Seattle should of thought about it a little harder with the trade because of how injury prone Harvin is.

I get your point Harvin sort of was a bad trade but Seattle still has fine receivers like Tate and Rice, and the Beast Marshawn Lynch is good but what I don't get is why on nfl.com there are articles on how the Seahawks will not have a shot this year, I think they have taken it a little over the top, I mean they did fine last year and they did't have Harvin

npo_logo.png

Ok, I'll give 5 reasons why Seattle could miss the playoffs:

1. Seattle went 3-5 (or 4-6 including the playoffs) on the road, including losses to St. Louis, Arizona, Detroit, and Miami.

2. Seattle's not sneaking up on anybody this year. As a perceived contender, they're going to get everyone's "A" game.

3. Seattle is one injury away from having Brady Quinn and/or Robert Turbin play significant minutes.

4. Seattle's not the only team in the NFL with players and coaches getting paid. Players and systems get figured out in the NFL.

5. Seattle has a tougher schedule.

The Seahawks have at least 8 wins because they are unstoppable at home and looking at their schedule they have at least 5 more wins on the road that puts them at 12-4 and if they beat San Francisco twice, I bet the 49ers will lose at least 2 more games giving the Seahawks the 1st through 4th seed, Its all about the stats dude

IF YOU ARE APART OF THE 12TH MAN POST GO HAWKS!!!!! 12thMan.png

npo_logo.png

The Seahawks have at least 8 wins because they are unstoppable at home and looking at their schedule they have at least 5 more wins on the road that puts them at 12-4 and if they beat San Francisco twice, I bet the 49ers will lose at least 2 more games giving the Seahawks the 1st through 4th seed, Its all about the stats dude

8+5=12?

Seriously, they are not "unstoppable" at home. Sounds more like you're showing off what amounts to be pure fandom rather than a legitimate analysis.

The only reason Seattle went as far as they did last year was because of sheer luck. IMO, the Seahawks are the most overrated team in the entire league. If it weren't for the refs blowing that call at the end of the game against Green Bay, it's unlikely you guys would have even made the playoffs. And if RGIII was healthy in the Wild Card game, you guys would have lost then, too.

The only reason Seattle went as far as they did last year was because of sheer luck.

Shear luck??? I think it is more like the fans are like DA BEST FANZ IN DA LEAGUE!! I went to one of their games and either you yelled with the crowd or ya went home deaf there are more than 100 false starts that happened at century link field. (formerly quest field) Gothamite to answer your question the fans are the 12th man because they cause false starts on the other team by YELLING AT THE TOP OF THIER LUNGS it would be hard to hear the quarterback say "hike" if 20,000 fans were screaming. OH AND I GUESS 13-3 NOT 12-4 MATH MISTAKE :rolleyes:

npo_logo.png

The NFC is pretty stacked. San Francisco, Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta, and then lesser but still very legit playoff threats like New Orleans, New York, Washington, and even St. Louis? I look forward to it.

Seattle will be in the playoff race late in the season when (hopefully) Harvin returns. He may become the x-factor then that puts the Seahawks over the top.

spacer.png

I assume Field Gulls banned you because you were too creepy.

The only reason Seattle went as far as they did last year was because of sheer luck.

Shear luck??? I think it is more like the fans are like DA BEST FANZ IN DA LEAGUE!! I went to one of their games and either you yelled with the crowd or ya went home deaf there are more than 100 false starts that happened at century link field. (formerly quest field)

I would pursue legal action against the Seahawks if that is the case because they pipe noise into the stadium.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NFL teams will figure out the read-option and I think the Seahawks will be something of a disappointment as a result. With an entire offseason to gameplan and consult with college coaches for how to stop the read option, NFL defenses will learn how to slow or stop it. The disparity in talent, in my opinion, isn't great enough for it succeed at the NFL level as it has in college. A team that plays fundamentally sound football and tackles well will stop the Seahawks offense.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived