Bruno Mars to preform at Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show

hailstateunis

Ah, it keeps on getting worse! Ever since Tom Petty performed at SB42 it's all gone WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY downhill, but it could've been a lot worse. Somebody said something about Miley Cyrus. Yuck. I'm never touching a teddy bear again.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Grey Cup used to have Dog Obstacle Races. One year, "Up With People" was the Halftime Show. You'd prefer this?

Complaining about the SB Halftime is a waste of time. If you don't like who's playing, go make a sandwich. Go outside. Read a book. Plant a tree. Help a child to read. just because it's not RAWR CLASSICK RAWK RAWK RAWK doesn't mean it won't appeal to people. There's a world outside your bubble.

Also, in another thread, Admiral stated that the best SB Halftime show ever was Prince, and I agree. That little mother:censored:er is an entertainer.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Meh, now that I'm out of college I won't have to deal with being forced to watch a halftime show anymore. Though I kinda would've liked Billy Joel for all the New York connections and whatnot. Not a fan of Bruno Mars at all, but at least the NFL's going back to appealing to a younger audience with acts.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Who the hell is Bruno Mars?

Some guy who occasionally sounds kinda like the Police.
No, that's Gotye.

The Grey Cup used to have Dog Obstacle Races.

The ambiguity of the modifiers is giving me trouble. Was it a dog race in which there were obstacles, or a race in which the obstacles were dogs? I expect the former, yet hope for the latter.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Grey Cup used to have Dog Obstacle Races. One year, "Up With People" was the Halftime Show. You'd prefer this?

Complaining about the SB Halftime is a waste of time. If you don't like who's playing, go make a sandwich. Go outside. Read a book. Plant a tree. Help a child to read. just because it's not RAWR CLASSICK RAWK RAWK RAWK doesn't mean it won't appeal to people. There's a world outside your bubble.

Also, in another thread, Admiral stated that the best SB Halftime show ever was Prince, and I agree. That little mother:censored:er is an entertainer.

I still prefer U2's show but Prince was pretty good. I agree there are worse ones. Foo Fighters or Nickleback would be worse. Anybody in country would be worse.

We just need Steve Vai or Joe Satriani one year. I'd be very happy

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Guys, there must be something wrong with you if you don't either this or this, of all the current Pop-Stars, Bruno Mars is the best choice by far.

If wondering how the hell that earned him the SB halftime show is wrong, then I don't want to be right. That was awful.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Meh, now that I'm out of college I won't have to deal with being forced to watch a halftime show anymore. Though I kinda would've liked Billy Joel for all the New York connections and whatnot. Not a fan of Bruno Mars at all, but at least the NFL's going back to appealing to a younger audience with acts.

Billy Joel would have been a solid choice.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Who the hell is Bruno Mars?

Some guy who occasionally sounds kinda like the Police.
No, that's Gotye.

The Grey Cup used to have Dog Obstacle Races.

The ambiguity of the modifiers is giving me trouble. Was it a dog race in which there were obstacles, or a race in which the obstacles were dogs? I expect the former, yet hope for the latter.

You know those dog training courses that they have at state fairs? Over the ramp and onto the see saw, through the tube, between the flags, etc etc? That. Up here we call em Superdog races but I was afraid of being too canadian. Woopsie!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Not the worst choice. Not a fan of his music, but he does seem to be incredibly talented. If nothing else his stuff is catchy. Considering how many worse options there are out there... I'm pretty happy with this choice. Not that it matters since I don't typically watch halftime anyways.

IUe6Hvh.png

As a heavy metal fan I'm certain no bands that I like will grace Super Bowl halftime, but can't we at least get some rock.

Are the Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers trapped in a well somewhere preventing them performing?

The only performer in recent years I slightly looking forward to was Prince...but I was won over when he performed Purple Rain...AND IT STARTED RAINING!!!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived