NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15goxet.jpg

Clippers gonna Clip.

Lol what does that even mean?

As much as I appreciate Barnes' fire and his goon tendencies for this team, he really can't blame anybody but himself. He made the choice to jump in and in turn, as he said, cost himself money. Personally I think he should embrace being the enforcer on the team. He plays the role so well.

15goxet.jpg

Clippers gonna Clip.

As much as I appreciate Barnes' fire and his goon tendencies for this team, he really can't blame anybody but himself. He made the choice to jump in and in turn, as he said, cost himself money. Personally I think he should embrace being the enforcer on the team. He plays the role so well.

Enforcer roles are stupid enough in hockey, they are somehow stupider in basketball.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

15goxet.jpg

Clippers gonna Clip.

Enforcer roles are stupid enough in hockey, they are somehow stupider in basketball.
I agree, but I also think there are some teams that benefit from guys like that. Energy and all that jazz. It's been a trend over the years for some opposing teams to come in and try to punk LAC, more specifically Griffin. Barnes in a way brings that toughness this team sometimes lack.

Is it an outdated way of thinking? Sure. Especially amidst this Dolphins conflict and discussions of players being "men" or being soft, but I think for this team, a guy like Barnes is necessary.

Too bad Barnes' tweet will overshadow a nice comeback win by the Clippers.

And Ibaka's ejection was sweet justice for the nut-tap he wasn't ejected for last year.

Yes, and yes.

Man that 2nd half defense was amazing. Just imagine how good it will be when each player really settles into their roles.

And Ibaka's ejection was sweet justice for the nut-tap he wasn't ejected for last year.

Yes, and yes.

Man that 2nd half defense was amazing. Just imagine how good it will be when each player really settles into their roles.

Barnes getting Ibaka ejected certainly helped matters. Clips were horriawful in the first half.

Yes, and yes.

Barnes getting Ibaka ejected certainly helped matters. Clips were horriawful in the first half.

No argument here. In fact my earlier posts speak on the Barnes effect for this team. I think it's true.

MJ was on the news today for some random reason. His favorite dunk or something. So I figured this would be appropriate to post here. Enjoy.

http://screen.yahoo.com/sketchy/30-30-space-jam-game-155008766.html

This also speaks to the revisionist history some folks have with MJ's career. Like he single handedly won those rings. Beyond that its just damn funny.

Edit: this one is funny too

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DsxFwQ9nWGOc&h=RAQGiFSql&enc=AZMhf6muGwkWVMGVz-gw6_Zr71E-6XwX3_vLqWDVr0yLXZhKI2fMJhlePw_4PYja2DtC9Jv2NknaeuO6eNqH7_sdcM4sG4U0-I9p1KwjMcRV5stONjOLVtnWF-NegIUJECN73iGoiqRr3FI6Jfi9-6BS&s=1

The Kings pounded the Nets by 21. I thought this was a great win, until I saw the Nets are now 2-5 just like the Kings. Must be a tough start for Jason Kidd on the bench.

This is becoming very concerning and frustrating.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Am I the only one who didn't expect anything from the Nets? KG and Pierce are already washed out and didn't make much noise for the Celtics last season, and there's been ongoing talk of KG retiring the last couple of years now. Why would the addition of them suddenly make the Nets a contender?

Am I the only one who didn't expect anything from the Nets? KG and Pierce are already washed out and didn't make much noise for the Celtics last season, and there's been ongoing talk of KG retiring the last couple of years now. Why would the addition of them suddenly make the Nets a contender?

Well... KG and Pierce are much better than having Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries at the forward spots. I don't know how the exact lineup management is but they should only be playing 20-25 minutes a game. I didn't think they would win the East or be a Finals contender. But they completely ripped off the Celtics and improved their team drastically while giving up on their future at the same time.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Also, Jason Kidd should have gotten his start with the Bucks or Seton Hall or something. The Nets have too much talent for a rookie coach.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Warriors up two, Russell Westbrook hits three pointer to give Thunder one point lead with 2.3 seconds left. Warriors call timeout, advance ball to the half court. In bound to Iguodala, Andre turns and fades, hits two point shot, Warriors win by one. Crazy last two minutes. Crazy last hour of Bat Area sports.

Looks like there should be .3 on the clock, but Iforget when the clock is supposed to stop on made shots - once it's through the net or once it hits the ground? If it's the first option, should have been .3 seconds left from my view. Maybe that is what Ibaka and Durant were at the scorer's table for looking at the replay.

Well... KG and Pierce are much better than having Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries at the forward spots. I don't know how the exact lineup management is but they should only be playing 20-25 minutes a game. I didn't think they would win the East or be a Finals contender. But they completely ripped off the Celtics and improved their team drastically while giving up on their future at the same time.

Much better, yes, but that wasn't the point, as it still doesn't make them "the team to beat".

In other news, Bargnani did some heckuva job on Howard. :o

Archived