NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trey Burke made his debut last night. In 12 minutes he 11 pts, 1 ast, 1 stl, 1 reb. He played quite well, considering that his finger is still healing. I'm looking forward to seeing this kid play some more (and if and how he makes more connections with Derrick Favors).

The Atlantic Division could be scarily mediocre this season. I still think the Knicks or Nets will still win it, as both teams are in win-now mode, but 40-45 wins could win it as opposed to the 50-55 predicted before.

Also, I'm concerned about the amount of minutes Bradley Beal and John Wall are playing right now for the Wizards.They're both young, but Beal leads the league in minutes per game and Wall is in 9th. It'd be one thing if the team was 8-2 or something decent like that, but at 4-7, that should not be happening.

Man this game is driving me nuts! Every time the Clips get within 5-6 points the Thunder pull away. It's happened about 5 times now. Giving up all those points in the paint certainly isn't helping. They need another big man on that roster.

Side note: CP3 broke Magic's consecutive double double record last night and has another tonight. MVP season in the making.

Frustrating game for sure, but I was never under the delusion that they were going to beat a well-rested OKC team in OKC on the second night of a back-to-back anyway. They mostly looked exhausted. Doc also pretty much waved the white flag in the 4th with some of those lineups he was playing. Hopefully Odom can join the team soon, because it's still very clear that Mullens and Hollins aren't going to cut it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

^Lol...yes...enjoy it while it lasts...before all the leapfrogging begins and ultimately it ends up being just about flipped from where it is now. Except Boston on bottom.

I still think the Sixers will be worse. But there is no denying that the Celtics are terrible too.

It sounds like Lawrence Frank is doing the actual coaching and Kidd is basically there for appearances, as tends to be the case when you give a guy an NBA head coaching job with no coaching experience whatsoever. It was the same with the Bulls and Vinny Del Negro having to be bailed out by Bernie Bickerstaff. The Nets fell victim to thinking people buy tickets to watch the coach, the hallmark of every fatally stupid sports franchise.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good seats available for cheap very soon, Bulls fans!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived