NBA 2013-14 Season Thread

TJKiddsHead

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rather enjoy the laughable egg laying Lakers though. I hope they keep that up.

Clippers on a losing streak as they head to Houston. I smell another win against the Rockets. They definitely need to play better D to get that W though. Clips are giving up the most pts in the league and that needs to stop.

No Lakers fan should have any hope of anything approaching a championship season from them. A 7-seed is probably the ceiling for them, and even then, it's better for the franchise if Kobe sits out and rests up, the team bottoms out, and they draft (or swindle) the next Kobe in a loaded 2014 draft.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No Lakers fan should have any hope of anything approaching a championship season from them. A 7-seed is probably the ceiling for them, and even then, it's better for the franchise if Kobe sits out and rests up, the team bottoms out, and they draft (or swindle) the next Kobe in a loaded 2014 draft.

This would be the smart move. I think Kobe has too much pride to take a year off, but it could be of great benefit to him personally as well as the Lakers.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, Kobe won't take a year off. Especially because he still has an outside shot at Kareem's points record.

This team can still very well end up in the lottery with him playing. I actually think it's more likely, because they tend to play better team basketball when he's out.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

After finishing 3rd in the West and unceremoniously :censored:canning George Karl, the Nuggets are off to a fantastic 1-4 start to the 2013-14 campaign. Perhaps there was a reason why every team in the league passed on Brian Shaw. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

Clippers on a losing streak as they head to Houston. I smell another win against the Rockets.

You were right.... wasn't easy though. Nice comeback win, complete with an 18-0 run.... also an example of how this team will benefit from the improved coaching, as Doc made some good defensive adjustments in the second half.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Clippers on a losing streak as they head to Houston. I smell another win against the Rockets.

You were right.... wasn't easy though. Nice comeback win, complete with an 18-0 run.... also an example of how this team will benefit from the improved coaching, as Doc made some good defensive adjustments in the second half.
Yeah it was ugly early. They can score but that defense is going to be the death of them if they don't stay consistent. You are right though, Doc makes all of the difference in that department.

After finishing 3rd in the West and unceremoniously :censored:canning George Karl, the Nuggets are off to a fantastic 1-4 start to the 2013-14 campaign. Perhaps there was a reason why every team in the league passed on Brian Shaw. <_<

Well, at least you aren't a Utah Jazz fan...last winless team in the Association. But hey, they should be getting a high pick, right? Right?

Knowing the NBA lottery of past years, the Nuggets will find themselves above the Jazz should this trend continue.

Please come to Utah, Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Exum, or whoever. And please heal up and come back soon, Trey Burke.

</Uta Jazz tanking rant>

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I must say, for those who watched. The Wizards-Thunder game was quite the dandy tonight. Beal really took off with 34, and KD had another great performance. I'm not mad at all, losing by 1 in OT to probably th best team in the west is something I can live with. Can't quite figure out what to think of the Wizards this year. They've looked good, but they've come up short in a lot of close games. Hopefully they can make a run for the Playoffs, though these guys need it. The fanbase needs it. They need it.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

T-Wolves snap a 21-game losing streak to the Lakers last night. I don't care who's hurt...it's just a relief.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Did Doc always look this pissed off in Boston? Every horrible defensive play the Clippers make, the cameras cut to him with this "I can't believe I'm coaching these idiots" look on his face.

I can understand the feeling...watching the game last night, it seemed like the Wolves (especially Corey Brewer) were coming out of nowhere to get steals and dunks/layups every chance they had. This game was almost lost by the Clips thanks to tons of missed free throws by Jordan, Hollins, and Griffin (although he did better of the three).

Jordan and Griffin are showing signs of improving defensively, but the rest of the team needs to get it together on D if they're gonna contend for a title. Trying to just outscore the other team every night will only get you so far...just ask D'Antoni's Suns teams.

I actually didn't think the defense was that bad. There's only so much you can do when both Love and Martin are on fire.... I was having flashbacks to Love's game-winner and subsequent Jesus pose a couple years ago at the end. Regardless, that would have been a 20-point loss with Vinny.

As far as defense goes, the starters have actually been a decent defensive unit. The bench has been atrocious defensively, though, especially the bigs. Roster moves will need to be made to fix that.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Here's a fine example of an official making himself bigger than the game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived