The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of incorrect Nordiques jerseys, how's this one?

111.JPG

112.JPG

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Actually thinking of picking up a CUSTOM jersey from China.

http://www.online-jersyes.org/washington-redskins-burgundy-white-jersey-select-a-player.html

Has anyone ever used this site? www.online-jersyes.org

I chatted with a rep and she said the numbers and name will be sewn on, not screen printed. With the custom part, I'm just wondering how accurate the numbers will be.

Actually my main concern is the name I'm getting on it...specifically the roman numerals' spacing:

GRIFFIN III

If the numbers look like those on the example, the #10 will look fine. No, I don't mind that it's a Reebok jersey that RGIII will never wear.

I want his jersey but don't want to spend $100+ on a rookie's jersey. A lot of people regret their Heath Shuler jerseys. :D

(RGIII won't be a bust, just being extra safe though, plus I have kids to buy stuff for, I don't spend much on myself)

Washington_Redskins_Burgundy_White_Jersey_Select_a_Player-250x250.jpg

87Redskins.png

For $20, for a jersey I might wear a few times a year on gamedays...as long as it's not obscenely horrible...no one will notice or care. I haven't decided on it yet, but a $20 experiment for a custom sounds tempting.

87Redskins.png

For $20, for a jersey I might wear a few times a year on gamedays...as long as it's not obscenely horrible...no one will notice or care. I haven't decided on it yet, but a $20 experiment for a custom sounds tempting.

For the record, it's probably made in a slummy sweatshop, with the employees perhaps working 20 hours a day for dehumanizing wages. Perhaps the employees are children.

Are you okay with supporting that, in addition to supporting IP theft?

spacer.png

How does that differ from Nike's offshore factories or 90% of the Chinese crap we buy from local srores every day?

I am asking if anyone ever ordered a custom from this source, not to start a morals debate.

Your are going to get a crap jersey.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

How does that differ from Nike's offshore factories or 90% of the Chinese crap we buy from local srores every day?

I am asking if anyone ever ordered a custom from this source, not to start a morals debate.

Its way different. Nike has labor standards. 90% of the chinese crap has some labor standards. China itself has labor laws. If you are making lawful product then those laws will need to be followed.

You've got to understand that even if its made in china for less money than we provide in the states, or harsher working conditions, it's still legal. This stuff is illegal. If they produce illegal counterfits why would they even begin to have any kind of fair labor practices?

Sidestepping the morality of the issue, many of the members here who admit to buying counterfeits have said you should only buy them in person, where you can see the quality for yourself. Never buy online.

$20 for a customized jersey? Sounds WAY to good to be true, so it probably is. You'll get what you pay for.

Please post the picture of the one you got from them.

Sidestepping the morality of the issue, many of the members here who admit to buying counterfeits have said you should only buy them in person, where you can see the quality for yourself. Never buy online.

Finally a constructive reply with good advice. Thanks.

Never bought a "knock-off" before and am just tossing the idea around.

87Redskins.png

Please post the picture of the one you got from them.

Don't own one myself but have a friend that has pruchased from them in the last few months and they came back looking like most knockoffs.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012