• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to UConn for their 4th NCAA title in the last 15 years, 3rd in the last 10, and 2nd in the last four.

And thank God for them beating Kentucky, as the Wildcats were approaching the levels of the St. Louis Cardinals and New York Giants.

It was kind of like the most recent World Series we had; a team with recent riches (Red Sox and UConn) defeats an obnoxious and hated team who gets lucky in the playoffs (Cardinals and Kentucky), in a game/series where we could all care less who wins at the end because the title game/series is between two title-rich teams.

The Rex Sox aren't an obnoxious and hated team who gets lucky in the playoffs? :P

Not last year.

Last year they mostly got lucky in the regular season.

while I know what you're saying here, I have to point out that I'm resisting quite an urge to point out some fortuitous breaks the Red Sox had in the playoffs (mainly, the ALCS anyway) too. Some really, really fortuitous breaks...

spacer.png

This picture blew my mind

Kevin+Durant+Kevin+Ollie+Oklahoma+City+T

That's how recently Kevin Ollie was in the NBA.

I remember hearing how he was in Cleveland and served as something of a mentor to Lebron and was brought to OKC to serve a similar role for Durant but I had kind of assumed the OKC gig was as part of the coaching staff.

IUe6Hvh.png

And the womens Lady Huskies will make it a double sweep of basketball national titles for UConn.

The UConn Women's basketball program is pretty amazing. I know Women's College Basketball is very top heavy which makes it a little easier for the top programs to keep up sustained success, but nine national titles and five undefeated seasons is incredible; 9-0 in Championship games. They also just destroy pretty much everybody they play, including what was an undefeated Notre Dame team. The program probably isn't going to be slowing down anytime soon, either.

IUe6Hvh.png

One of the touching stories of college hoops ended sadly last night.

http://www.freep.com/article/20140409/SPORTS07/304090052/adorable-lacey-holsworth-dies-michigan-state

Michigan State's Adrien Payne befriended a young girl with cancer. She just died.

As sad as it is for the family, I'll always appreciate Payne for this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

http://www.freep.com/article/20140409/SPORTS07/304090052/adorable-lacey-holsworth-dies-michigan-state

Michigan State's Adrien Payne befriended a young girl with cancer. She just died.

Dickie V is donating $250K in her name to cancer research. Say what you want about him as an announcer, but the man is passionate about raising money to fight cancer. I hope one day to be that passionate about anything in my life.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Dickie V is donating $250K in her name to cancer research. Say what you want about him as an announcer, but the man is passionate about raising money to fight cancer. I hope one day to be that passionate about anything in my life.

I like Dickie V. Even when he's a little "Dukie V". I think his enthusiasm is quite genuine, which I appreciate. And I think he's a decent guy at heart.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like Dickie V. Even when he's a little "Dukie V". I think his enthusiasm is quite genuine, which I appreciate. And I think he's a decent guy at heart.
I also like Dickie V. This makes me respect him much more. Prayers for her family and friends. Heaven knows what they're going through.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

And the womens Lady Huskies will make it a double sweep of basketball national titles for UConn.

The UConn Women's basketball program is pretty amazing. I know Women's College Basketball is very top heavy which makes it a little easier for the top programs to keep up sustained success, but nine national titles and five undefeated seasons is incredible; 9-0 in Championship games. They also just destroy pretty much everybody they play, including what was an undefeated Notre Dame team. The program probably isn't going to be slowing down anytime soon, either.

Eh, if you take one of UConn's best three players out of the equation rather than one of ND's, I think the Irish win that game. Especially considering what Achonwa did for the team.

6fQjS3M.png

Oh for f~~k sake......

UWM men's basketball banned from postseason play

So our neglected and overlooked mid-majority program returns to the Big Dance, FINALLY getting some of its momentum back from the Bruce Pearl days, and THIS happens. Worst of all, it's not because of anything the current players did, but because of a flaw in the NCAA's APR metric that's essentially punishing the program for some players who transferred out after the 2010 season.

This is why people hate the NCAA.

Oh for f~~k sake......

UWM men's basketball banned from postseason play

So our neglected and overlooked mid-majority program returns to the Big Dance, FINALLY getting some of its momentum back from the Bruce Pearl days, and THIS happens. Worst of all, it's not because of anything the current players did, but because of a flaw in the NCAA's APR metric that's essentially punishing the program for some players who transferred out after the 2010 season.

This is why people hate the NCAA.

That's pretty much what happened with UConn Men's Basketball.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived