2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be worse, Spain. You could be in Group G.

Not really, having a Portugal team with an injured Ronaldo, a USA team that is ranked 13th, and a Ghana team that isn't great either, versus Spain's group that can win it all, chile that can do very well and the only team that can be considered a sure win being Australia

I'll admit, I didn't see Chile much but after tonight's game I'm a believer, they are a dark horse team.

I can see Spain being left out in the cold especially since they have the onus of trying to erase a -4 differential. Netherlands should go on to beat at least Australia and advance. Chile will most likely advance even if they don't beat Spain. However, I feel that they can beat Spain.

It could be worse, Spain. You could be in Group G.

Not really, having a Portugal team with an injured Ronaldo, a USA team that is ranked 13th, and a Ghana team that isn't great either, versus Spain's group that can win it all, chile that can do very well and the only team that can be considered a sure win being Australia

I'll admit, I didn't see Chile much but after tonight's game I'm a believer, they are a dark horse team.
They hang-on to beat lowly Australia 3-1 and all of a sudden you believe they have a chance to win it all... Huh?

Imagine if they tied Spain and the Dutch don't beat up Australia too badly. Chile could have a chance to go through. However, I still think Spain is going to absolutely wallop Chile after that ass kicking.

I wouldn't underestimate Australia that much, I think they have a chance to go through to the round of 16.

So what, you've given up on your "dark horse?".

Also, if Chile draws Spain, it's hard to NOT see them go through, they'd get 4, and with a -4 GD Spain would have to waste Australia to pick up a better GD than Chile.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Spain's really sucking dick right now

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Is there ever anything wrong with that? :-P

This is the best part of the world cup right now... Days and Days full of soccer...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Imagine if they tied Spain and the Dutch don't beat up Australia too badly. Chile could have a chance to go through. However, I still think Spain is going to absolutely wallop Chile after that ass kicking.

I wouldn't underestimate Australia that much, I think they have a chance to go through to the round of 16.

So what, you've given up on your "dark horse?".

Also, if Chile draws Spain, it's hard to NOT see them go through, they'd get 4, and with a -4 GD Spain would have to waste Australia to pick up a better GD than Chile.

I had some hope with Australia if Spain hadn't of gotten whooped by Holland so badly. I had thought maybe Spain would underestimate them. That, and the fact that they lost to Chile, I kinda lost hope.

So far this World Cup after two days have been full of surprises, thrills, controversies, beautiful goals (RVP...hell yes!) and a month full of football!

Colombia v Greece match has been good so far after 45'. Greece putting the pressure on the Colombians with Kone and Salpingidis the major work horses. Beautiful build up and goal by the Colombian side.

So far this World Cup after two days have been full of surprises, thrills, controversies, beautiful goals (RVP...hell yes!) and a month full of football!

Colombia v Greece match has been good so far after 45'. Greece putting the pressure on the Colombians with Kone and Salpingidis the major work horses. Beautiful build up and goal by the Colombian side.

Let's just hope that there aren't any more controversies in this World Cup from the refs. I prefer to remember this competition for things like RVP's goal rather than refs like Nishimura (if you can remember the name of a referee after any sporting event that usually means the guy :censored:ed up).

I know I may be a little late since the Netherlands-Spain game happened yesterday but I want Spain to finish second in the group so that they can face Brazil in the next round. I would love to see how Diego Costa would handle himself in an arena full of Brazilians mad at him for going with Spain instead of Brazil.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

This, before any of the Manaus games begin.

Edit, 11:16am PST: Whoops, spoke too soon. Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon out for tonight's game vs. England because of a freak ankle injury during practice.

On average this is the highest since 1958 with 3.60 goals per game so far. Good start to a world cup finals.

glory10.png

This could now be the shock of the World Cup.

I agree. If Costa Rica wins this match, I would not be surprised to see them make it to the round of 16. I expect a lot of draws between Italy, Uruguay, and England.

Archived