2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring on David De Gea for Spain.

After attending the Spain-El Salvador match at FedEx earlier this week, I thought that Spain would have some difficulties, but I could have never envisioned an absolute demolition like this. I'd expect the majority of Spain's starting XI against Chile to be players who didn't start in the Netherlands match.

I liked this Dutch squad going in, but now I really like them. I'm looking forward to watching them in their coming matches.

25yzwqg.png

Not to ruin the family secret, but my grandmother's Dutch......

The number of people who get that joke in this thread will be capable of being counted on one hand.

I'm SO GLAD I'm among them.

Add me to that list.

------------

I'm sure there's some kind of Robben-van Persie joke to made here, I just can't quite think what it is

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

It could be worse, Spain. You could be in Group G.

Not really, having a Portugal team with an injured Ronaldo, a USA team that is ranked 13th, and a Ghana team that isn't great either, versus Spain's group that can win it all, chile that can do very well and the only team that can be considered a sure win being Australia

I was mad all day today, still can't belive the ref called that penalty against us last night. And what about that Neymar elbow against Modrić? Let's face it, if Vrsaljko did that to Neymar he would not only get a red card, he would probably get a 3 match ban.

I still hope we can beat Cameroon and Mexico and advance to the 1/8 finals.

Spain's really sucking dick right now

Great use of imagery.

That Costa penalty was crap, his antics are getting VERY annoying. But good god, that was a fun ass-kicking to watch.

And... Chile's already dropped 2 on the Aussies.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I just realized that the US, barring a deep run, will go 5 straight World Cups without playing a South American team. Last one was Brazil and Colombia in 1994.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Not to toot my own horn, but...I told you so. :P

Group B

Chile - 4 pts. (AUS: W 3-1, ESP: D 1-1, NED: L 0-2)

Australia - 0 pts. (CHI: L 1-3, NED: L 0-4, ESP: L 0-3)

That Beauséjour goal at the end there was beautiful. It was also pretty cool to see Mauricio Pinilla come in as a sub and almost score at the end there considering his tenures for both my and Crash's LPI clubs. ;)

25yzwqg.png

Archived